An Everyday Checking account provides you with easy access to your money and the ability to add features, including a savings account, at any time you like. Account features include:
- Free access to Online Banking — for quick, convenient access to your money as well as money management tools to help you save.
- Debit Card — makes shopping at millions of locations, on the internet, and over the phone easier than ever before.
- Free Mobile Banking and account alerts — check balances, pay bills, transfer money, and more from the convenience of your mobile device.
- Optional Overdraft Protection — when you apply online, set up Overdraft Protection to help prevent overdrafts and returned item fees.
How to avoid the monthly service fee
You can avoid the monthly service fee on your Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account with ONE of the following each fee period:
- 10 or more posted debit card purchases/payments. This includes posted debit card purchases or posted debit card payments of bills from this checking account. This does not include transactions at the ATM, OR
- Qualifying direct deposits totaling $500 or more, OR
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance, OR
- Link this account to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
Otherwise, the monthly service fee for this account is $10 per month. You can get a $5 monthly service fee discount when the primary owner of the account is 17 through 24 years old.
Minimum opening deposit
This checking account requires a minimum opening deposit of $25.
If you would like to view our most popular checking account options or learn more about a specific account, please visit the checking comparison page.
Your mobile carrier's message and data rates may apply.
This balance may not reflect all of your transactions, such as checks you have written or debit card transactions that have been approved but not yet submitted for payment by the merchant.
Subject to applicable transfer or advance fees.
10 or more posted Wells Fargo Debit Card purchases/payments each fee period required to avoid the $10 Everyday Checking account monthly service fee.
- Included: Debit card purchases include PIN, Signature, Online, and Phone purchases that post during the fee period. Debit card payments include one-time and recurring payments of bills made with your debit card that post during the fee period.
- Not Included: Any transaction at an ATM (Wells Fargo or non-Wells Fargo) and ACH (Automated Clearing House) transactions.
Debit card purchases and debit card payments must post during the fee period to be counted toward the total of 10 or more. The dates of your fee period are located in the "Monthly service fee summary" section of your statement. Transactions received after the applicable cut-off time or on a non-business day (Saturday, Sunday, and federal holidays) are posted on the next business day. Please see the Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule for additional information on monthly fees.
A qualifying direct deposit is a direct deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income electronically deposited to your Everyday Checking account by your employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another, or deposits made at a banking location or ATM, do not qualify as a direct deposit.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.