If you want to increase your tax-deferred savings for retirement, consider a fixed index annuity. Compare Annuities.
An index annuity is a fixed annuity that provides protection against market loss with the potential for tax-deferred growth. It may be appropriate for you if:
- You are planning for retirement and seeking an opportunity for your money to grow tax-free while you are guaranteed not to lose your initial investment.
- You expect to be in a lower income tax bracket after you retire.
- You are in your 50s or 60s and preparing for retirement.
How it works
Your investment is tied to a specific index or a selection of indexes. If the index return is positive, you will receive a portion of that return up to a specific percentage.
In the event that the index has a negative performance, your account will not decrease.
- Return of principal with opportunity for growth.
- Earnings are tax-deferred.
- Typically no front-end fees — all of your money is invested.
- Contingent deferred sales charge (CDSC) that declines to zero over a set period of time.
- May include a CDSC for early withdrawal.
- Potential tax penalties for withdrawals before age 59½.
- Consult your tax advisor about other possible tax implications.
Call us 1-866-246-5056