Start your quote
Get started online or on the phone, and obtain multiple quotes from a wide range of leading insurance companies we represent. Follow these quick and easy steps:
- Go to Get a Quote and choose homeowners insurance (or auto and homeowners for potential additional savings).
- Provide information about yourself and your home. Then, select the coverage and deductible that fits your needs.
- Review the online homeowners insurance quotes you receive and call a Wells Fargo Insurance agent at 1-866-294-2571 to purchase your policy.
New or existing Wells Fargo Mortgage customer?
If Wells Fargo is your current mortgage provider, we have a dedicated team of insurance agents to help you with your insurance quote and purchase process. Our knowledgeable agents can walk you through your coverage needs, review additional coverage options, help you purchase your insurance and deliver the necessary paperwork to Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. Call 1-877-434-4060 to get started.
See if you could save even more
If you have additional insurance needs beyond homeowners insurance, talk to one of our insurance agents about whether purchasing multiple insurance policies can lead to potential discounts and savings.
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters for your home, its contents, and other valuable possessions. Generally, you need enough homeowners insurance to cover the following:
- The replacement cost of your home. This is the amount it will cost to rebuild your house, excluding the land.
- The contents of your house. This is your personal property, and may include furniture, some electronics, clothing, and other valuables.
- The cost of living elsewhere. If your home is damaged, you may have to live elsewhere while it’s being repaired.
- Liability. This covers you in case someone is accidentally injured on your property and you are liable for their injury. It will also pay for damage you inadvertently cause to someone else’s property, such as, but not limited to, a baseball you hit through your neighbor’s window.
There are a number of coverage options which enhance your basic homeowners policy. Some of the more common ones include:
- Contents replacement cost coverage. Pays replacement value on personal property damaged by a covered loss with no deduction for depreciation.
- Valuable items. Provides increased limits and worldwide protection for higher value items such as jewelry, fine art, and collectibles.
- Water back-up of sewers or drains. Provides coverage up to a specific dollar amount if water backs up through your sewer or drain, or overflows from your sump pump.
Call a Wells Fargo Insurance agent for guidance and quote estimates for optional coverage to complement your homeowners insurance policy today.
Consider an umbrella policy for added protection
An umbrella liability insurance policy gives you added liability protection over and above the basic limits of your auto, specialty vehicle or homeowners insurance policies, helping to ensure an unfortunate event won’t put your personal assets at risk. We recommend every policyholder purchase this optional insurance policy.
Call a Wells Fargo Insurance agent for guidance and quote estimates for optional coverage to complement your homeowners insurance policy.
Even though discounts vary by state and insurance company, there are many ways to potentially save money, including:
- Multi-policy discounts. The more policies you buy from the same insurance company, the more discounts you are likely to receive. Customers who purchased auto and homeowners insurance through Wells Fargo Insurance saved as much as $500 per year.
- Protective devices discounts. Discounts may apply if you have protection devices such as:
- Smoke detectors, sprinkler systems, and alarms
- Fire extinguishers, interior sprinkler systems
- Home security systems (deadbolts, alarms, 24-hour security guards, etc.)
- Age of construction discount. Your rates may be discounted depending on the age of your home. Older homes may be eligible for discounts based on renovations made like updated electrical service, roof, plumbing, or heating systems.
- Claims-free discount. Some companies offer a discount if you have not had any homeowners insurance claims for at least five years.
Homeowners insurance questions
Is homeowners insurance mandatory?
Homeowners insurance is usually required if you finance your home through a mortgage lender. Even if you do not have a mortgage, we recommend you have homeowners insurance to protect one of your largest assets.
How much coverage should I have?
When it comes to homeowners insurance, there’s no such thing as one-size-fits-all. As a general rule of thumb, you need enough insurance to cover the following (subject to specific policy terms):
- The structure of your home. You need enough insurance to cover the cost of rebuilding your home at current construction costs. For a quick estimate of the amount of insurance you need, multiply the total square footage of your home by local building costs per square foot (call your local real estate agent to find out this rate).
- Your personal belongings. Most homeowners insurance policies cover your possessions for 50-70% of the amount of insurance you have on the structure or “dwelling” of your home. To determine if this is enough coverage, we recommend you conduct a home inventory so you can compile a list of everything you own and information related to the cost to replace these items.
- The cost of additional living expenses. In the event your home is damaged and you have to live elsewhere during repairs. Coverage varies by company, but typically policies cover about 20% of the insurance on your house. Some companies even offer an unlimited amount of loss of use coverage, for a limited amount of time.
- Your liability to others. This covers you against lawsuits for property damage or bodily injury that you or family members cause to other people. Generally, most policies provide a minimum of $100,000 worth of liability insurance, but higher amounts are available (and recommended). Increasingly, it is recommended that homeowners purchase at least $300,000 - $500,000 worth of liability protection.
Am I eligible for any homeowners insurance discounts?
Insurance companies frequently offer discounts to homeowners who install safety features, such as fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, or a security system. The best way to find out if you’re eligible for any discounts is ask your insurance agent. Many insurance companies offer discounts if you also purchase your auto insurance from them. Also refer to our Discount and Savings information.