Your home is one of your biggest assets, and no matter how long you’ve lived there it’s important to do all you can to protect it. We work with a wide range of leading insurance companies to make finding and purchasing homeowners insurance more convenient for you.
When you work with our experienced team of insurance agents, we’ll help you:
- Save time. Compare competitive homeowners quotes from the multiple insurance companies we represent.
- Choose the coverage that works for you. Our agents will discuss protection options to help determine what coverage make sense for you.
- Conveniently purchase. There’s no need to wait for your current homeowners policy to expire before changing your coverage or provider.
- Keep up with life’s changes. As your agency, we’re here to help you make sure your insurance changes with you.
Get a quote and purchase over the phone
Wells Fargo Insurance can help you compare your current policy with quotes from the wide range of leading insurance companies we represent. When you call a Wells Fargo Insurance agent, you’ll get straightforward advice on the coverage that fits your needs and makes sense for you and your budget. Call 1-866-294-2571 and speak with an insurance agent today to discuss your insurance coverage needs.
Compare multiple quotes online
You can conveniently get competitive online quotes from the multiple insurance companies we represent. To get started, follow these quick and easy steps:
- Click Get a Quote and choose homeowners insurance (or auto and homeowners for potential additional savings).
- Provide information about yourself and your home.
- Choose the coverage and deductible that fits your needs.
- Review the online homeowners insurance quotes you receive.
- Call a Wells Fargo Insurance agent at 1-866-294-2571 to purchase your policy.
Purchasing or refinancing?
If you’re a new homebuyer, we can help simplify the home-buying process by providing a convenient quote and delivering the necessary paperwork to your closing. Call one of our experienced agents at 1-866-294-2571.
See if you could save even more
If you have additional insurance needs beyond homeowners insurance, talk to one of our insurance agents and consider purchasing multiple products for potential discounts and savings.
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters for your home, its contents, and other valuable possessions. Generally, you need enough homeowners insurance to cover the following:
- The replacement cost of your home. Replacement cost is the amount it will cost to rebuild your house, excluding the land. It’s not what you paid for your house because depending on current construction costs and any improvements you’ve made the price of rebuilding it may be more than you paid.
- The contents of your house. The contents of your house is your personal property and may include furniture, some electronics, clothing, and other valuables. Personal property coverage varies by policy and insurance company. Talk to your agent about whether you need additional coverage for items that may be subject to limitations such as jewelry, guns, computers, some electronics, fine art, and silverware.
- The cost of living elsewhere. If your home is damaged, you have to live elsewhere while it’s being repaired. Homeowners insurance will cover rent or hotel bills, meals, and other living expenses.
- Liability. This covers you in case someone is injured on your property and needs medical care or decides to sue you. It will also pay for damage you caused to someone else’s property, such as a baseball you hit through your neighbor’s window.
There are a number of coverage options which enhance your basic homeowners policy. Some of the more common ones include:
- Contents replacement cost coverage. Pays replacement value on property damaged by a covered loss with no deduction for depreciation.
- Valuable items plus. Provides higher limits and worldwide protection for special property such as jewelry, fine art, and furs.
- Water back-up of sewers or drains. Provides coverage up to a specific dollar amount if water backs up through your sewer or drain, or overflows from your sump pump.
Consider an umbrella policy for added protection
An umbrella liability insurance policy gives you added liability protection over and above the basic limits of your auto, specialty vehicle or homeowners insurance policies, helping to ensure an unfortunate event won’t put your personal assets at risk. We recommend every policyholder purchase this optional insurance policy.
Call a Wells Fargo Insurance agent for guidance and quote estimates for optional coverage to complement your homeowners insurance policy.
Are you interested in bundling your insurance policies? The more policies you buy from the same insurance company, the more discounts you could get.
Even though discounts vary by state and insurance company, there are many ways to save, including:
- Protective devices discounts. Provide a variety of ways to save by having devices such as:
- Smoke detectors and alarms
- Fire extinguishers
- Home security systems (deadbolts, alarms, 24-hour security guards, etc.)
- Age of construction discount. Your rates may be discounted depending on the age of your home. Older homes are also eligible for discounts based on renovations made like updated electrical service, roof, plumbing, or heating systems.
Homeowners insurance questions
Is homeowners insurance mandatory?
Yes and no. Homeowners insurance is not required by law. However, if you finance your home through a mortgage lender, the lender usually requires homeowners insurance. And even if you don’t have a mortgage, we recommend you have homeowners insurance to protect one of your largest assets.
How much coverage should I have?
When it comes to homeowners insurance, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all formula. Think about your neighbors — while their home may mirror yours in age, size, and features, the contents of their homes are entirely unique, so your homeowners insurance policy may differ a great deal. It’s also important to note that your homeowners insurance should reflect the cost to rebuild your home and replace its contents. Insurance coverage isn’t based on the price for which your home might sell.
Always evaluate your policy each time it’s up for renewal. It’s also a good idea to review your policy when you make a major purchase, before you begin a home improvement project, and when you make a significant change to your lifestyle. Following are some common scenarios:
- Finishing your basement
- Adding a swimming pool, deck or porch
- Updating your kitchen or bathrooms
- Getting married/divorced
- Adopting a breed of dog or type of pet that may be considered aggressive
Major purchase, sale, or inheritance:
- Purchasing a piece of fine jewelry
- Buying or selling a collectible painting
- Inheriting a valuable antique
Our experienced insurance agents will help customize your policy to meet your unique needs.
Am I eligible for any homeowners insurance discounts?
Insurance companies frequently offer discounts to homeowners who install safety features, such as fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, or a security system. The best way to find out if you’re eligible for any discounts is ask your insurance agent. Many insurance companies offer discounts if you also purchase your auto insurance from them. Also refer to our Discount and Savings information.