A bill of sale is a document that details the transfer of personal property from a seller to a buyer. It may be requested in order to verify the sale of personal assets other than real estate.
|To avoid delays in processing your loan, please:|
|For this document|
- If the asset is already sold, be sure the document includes the sale date, description of asset sold, sales price, signatures of buyer and seller, and a copy of the check from the purchaser of the asset or the bank statement verifying the deposit of proceeds from the sale.
- If the item has yet to be sold, document proof of ownership of asset, an appraisal, and documentation of a buyer’s intent to purchase the asset.
|For all documents|
- Make sure the copies you send are legible.
- Do not include documents that have been altered with correction fluid or by other means.
- Submit the entire requested document and include all pages (even blank ones).