In some situations, a customer may be asked to provide a copy of an eligible visa or green card indicating the customer’s name, expiration date, and the type of visa in his or her possession. If unable to provide a copy of a green card, a customer may be asked to provide a copy of an alien registration certification.
- Permanent resident aliens contributing qualifying income or assets may be asked to provide an enlarged copy of a visa and/or green card, front and back.
- Non-permanent resident aliens may be asked to provide a copy of an eligible visa, and, if applicable, work authorization.
Avoid delays in processing your application
For all documents:
- Make sure the copies you send are legible.
- Do not include documents that have been altered with correction fluid or by other means.
- Submit the entire requested document and include all pages (even blank ones).