Anyone wishing to add a Power of Attorney (POA) to a Wells Fargo account, loan, or line of credit must complete and submit the following required documentation:
- This POA Submission Cover Sheet and notarized Affidavit (PDF)
- A certified copy of your POA document. A certified copy must be verified by an official with certification duties (such as a notary public or court official) as a true and correct duplicate of the original.
- Copy of document verifying your Social Security number, which could be your:
- Social Security card or W2
- Copy of document verifying your name, address, and date of birth, which could be your:
- Driver’s license
- State ID card
- Military ID, or
- US government issued alien ID card
You can submit your request by mail or fax to:
PO Box 10335
Des Moines, IA 50306
Customer Service: 1-866-439-3557
Mon - Fri: 8 am - 10 pm
Sat - Sun: 9 am - 7 pm
Customer Service: 1-866-234-8271
Mon - Fri: 6 am - 10 pm
Sat: 8 am - 2 pm
For your records, please keep a copy of all of the documents you submit.
Avoid delays in processing your application
For all documents:
- Make sure the copies you send are legible.
- Do not include documents that have been altered with correction fluid or by other means.
- Submit the entire requested document and include all pages (even blank ones).