You may be asked to provide verification documentation of funds in pension, retirement, or Social Security accounts if retirement funds are being used to help a customer qualify for a loan Examples of acceptable documentation are:
- Letters from the organization listing the income
- Copies of the retirement award letters
- Most recent two months’ bank statements showing receipt of pension, retirement, or Social Security income
- Tax returns
- IRS 1099 forms
Survivor benefits must be verified as continuing for at least three years. Pensions must reasonably be expected to continue for a three-year period.
Avoid delays in processing your application
For all documents you’re asked to provide:
- Make sure the copies you send are legible.
- Do not include documents that have been altered with correction fluid or by other means.
- Submit the entire requested document and include all pages (even blank ones).