Navegó a una página que no está disponible en español en este momento. Seleccione el enlace si desea ver otro contenido en español.

Página principal

Legal Separation Agreement

If you are legally separated, divorced, or are a former registered domestic partner or former member of a civil union, you may be asked to provide a copy of an executed legal separation agreement (per state statute). The information is used to validate the divisions of assets, liabilities, and receipt of income (such as child support and alimony).

If there is no legal separation agreement, a letter from an attorney, signed by both parties, or a letter from both parties involved should specify the proposed settlement terms.

Avoid delays in processing your application

For all documents you’re asked to provide:

  • Make sure the copies you send are legible.
  • Do not include documents that have been altered with correction fluid or by other means.
  • Submit the entire requested document and include all pages (even blank ones).