IRS Form 1099 reports income to the U.S. government. You may be asked to verify various types of income by showing Wells Fargo copies of your 1099 forms, including:
- Monthly dividend/interest income (1099-INT or 1099-DIV)
- Most recent tax refund (using a 1099-G)
- Income from customers who are independent contractors and have income reported on a 1099 rather than a W-2
- Pension or retirement income
Additionally, you may be asked to supply copies of your most recent individual federal income tax returns (IRS Form 1040) or tax transcripts.
Avoid delays in processing your application
For all documents you’re asked to provide:
- Make sure the copies you send are legible.
- Do not include documents that have been altered with correction fluid or by other means.
- Submit the entire requested document and include all pages (even blank ones).
For this document:
- Send returns from all requested years (e.g., last 2 years).
- Verify that information on forms match entries on your tax returns.