IRS form 1099 reports income to the U.S. government. The IRS 1099 may be requested to verify various types of income, including:
- Monthly dividend/interest income 1099-INT or 1099-DIV
- Most recent tax refund (using a 1099 G)
- Income from customers who are independent contractors and have income reported on a 1099 rather than a W2
- Pension or retirement income
Additionally, customers may be requested to supply copies of their most recent individual federal income tax returns (IRS Form 1040) or tax transcripts.
Avoid delays in processing your loan
For all documents:
- Make sure the copies you send are legible.
- Do not include documents that have been altered with correction fluid or by other means.
- Submit the entire requested document and include all pages (even blank ones).
For this document:
- Send returns from all requested years (e.g., last two years).
- Verify whether the request is for a copy of signed returns.