Navegó a una página que no está disponible en español en este momento. Seleccione el enlace si desea ver otro contenido en español.

Página principal

Hazard (Homeowners) Insurance

Specific insurance required for home loans providing protection against loss by fire, vandalism, personal injury, theft, and some natural disasters.

Hazard insurance is required for all loans with the lender named on the policy. Before you can close your loan, you’ll need to provide proof that the policy is paid for and in effect with 1 of these documents:

  • A hazard insurance binder
  • The policy declaration page
  • A policy or certificate of coverage
  • Evidence of property insurance form

The minimum required coverages include:

  • The replacement cost basis
  • Windstorm (such as hurricane) and hail-damage coverage
  • Insured name(s) and property address(es) matching those on the loan documents

Other requirements

  • For refinances: If the policy is due for renewal within 60 days, proof of renewal is required prior to closing.
  • For condominiums: A copy of the Master Certificate of Insurance for condominium units covered by the project’s master policy is required.

Tips for a smoother application process

  • Make sure documents are clear and legible.
  • Don't alter any pages (no strikethroughs, cross-outs, etc.).
  • Send all pages, even the blank ones.