A divorce decree is a legal document certifying the dissolution of a marriage. A court issued and stamped divorce decree typically is required to verify the effect of this legal ruling upon items in an application. Examples of this could include:
- Proving that an obligation to make certain debt payments has been assigned to another person
- Validating the transfer of property ownership
- Removal or buyout of a co-applicant from a property title
- Verifying income from child support, alimony, or separate maintenance payments
Avoid delays in processing your application
For all documents:
- Make sure the copies you send are legible.
- Do not include documents that have been altered with correction fluid or by other means.
- Submit the entire requested document and include all pages (even blank ones).