A deed transfer is a legal document conveying title to real property from one person to another, as well as from a business entity to an individual. Deed transfer documentation is typically requested to validate transfers involving marriage, divorce, death or inheritance. A customer may also be requested to provide:
- Related legal documents such as divorce decree, marriage certificate, or estate documents
- Status of the new title holders from Schedule B-1 of the title work
Avoid delays in processing your application
For all documents you’re asked to provide:
- Make sure the copies you send are legible.
- Do not include documents that have been altered with correction fluid or by other means.
- Submit the entire requested document and include all pages (even blank ones).