You may be asked to provide copies of canceled checks to prove payments for divorce settlement, child support, or other required expenses. You may also be asked to obtain from other people copies of canceled checks that show how much they paid to you for these expenses.
Avoid delays in processing your application
For all documents you’re asked to provide:
- Make sure the copies you send are legible.
- Do not include documents that have been altered with correction fluid or by other means.
- Submit the entire requested document and include all pages (even blank ones).
For this document
- Submit canceled checks for the required period (e.g., 6 months, 12 months, etc.).
- Be sure that canceled checks for mortgage payments:
- Are legible copies.
- Identify the mortgage servicer (or mortgage holder) as the payee.
- Indicate that the mortgage servicer or holder endorsed the check for deposit and show the date of that endorsement.