A builder’s warranty is a promise on the part of a builder to repair covered problems in a newly constructed home; most such documents are valid for the first year. Requests for a builder’s warranty protection plan are made to validate that:
- Acceptable payment has been made
- The builder’s application has been accepted and approved by the warranty company
- The warranty will be issued to the customer
Typically, one or more of the following are documents are acceptable:
- A letter from the warranty company that covers the points above and includes a policy number
- An executed binder from an approved warranty company
- A cancelled check and evidence that the payment has been made
- A copy of the actual warranty issued to the customer
Avoid delays in processing your application
For all documents you’re asked to provide:
- Make sure the copies you send are legible.
- Do not include documents that have been altered with correction fluid or by other means.
- Submit the entire requested document and include all pages (even blank ones).