An authorization for payoff or line-of-credit freeze letter is a signed form that gives Wells Fargo permission to request payoff information on an account from a lender. If an application process requires payoff of a mortgage loan, home equity loan, or line of credit, a customer may be asked to sign an authorization for payoff or line-of-credit freeze letter. The action will freeze the account so that an accurate payoff can be made at closing.
Avoid delays in processing your application
For all documents you’re asked to provide:
- Make sure the copies you send are legible.
- Do not include documents that have been altered with correction fluid or by other means.
- Submit the entire requested document and include all pages (even blank ones).
For this document:
- Ensure that all requested fields are completed before sending.
- Sign and date the form before submitting.