An authorization for payoff or line-of-credit freeze letter is a signed form that gives Wells Fargo permission to request payoff information on an account from a lender. If an application process requires payoff of a mortgage loan, home equity loan, or line of credit, a customer may be asked to sign an authorization for payoff or line-of-credit freeze letter. The action will freeze the account so that an accurate payoff can be made at closing.
Avoid delays in processing your application
For all documents:
- Make sure the copies you send are legible.
- Do not include documents that have been altered with correction fluid or by other means.
- Submit the entire requested document and include all pages (even blank ones).
For this document:
- Ensure that all requested fields are completed before sending.
- Sign and date the form before submitting.