Orders, Copies, and Other Requests Questions
You can order checks online or by phone.
To order checks online:
- Sign on to Wells Fargo Online®.
- Go to Account Services.
- Select Order Checks & Deposit Tickets.
Don’t have a Wells Fargo Online account? Sign up now
To order checks by phone:
- Personal accounts: Call Wells Fargo at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
- Business accounts: Call Harland Clarke Corp. at 1-800-237-8982.
Wells Fargo customers can order Checks online or in person.
- For checks valued up to $2,000 each, order Official Bank Checks online (or select the Order Official Bank Checks link on the Account Services page if you have already signed on).
- For Personal Money Orders, and Cashier's Checks, visit a Wells Fargo location near you.
We will charge your account for the amount of the Check(s) and any applicable fees.
Wells Fargo customers can purchase money orders valued up to $1,000 each at any Wells Fargo location.
Savings bonds can be purchased by visiting the US Treasury Web site.
You can order foreign currency online, in person, or by calling 1-800-626-9430. To order online:
- Go to the Foreign Exchange page.
- Click the Order Now button.
Amount you can order
For online orders, you can order a maximum of $3,000 USD per day. You must order at least $200 USD. If you're ordering multiple currencies, the minimum purchase amount for each currency is $25 USD.
For orders over $3,000 USD, please stop by a Wells Fargo banking location that is designated as an international teller site to place an order. To purchase foreign currency in person, please visit one of our designated international teller site. You may also call us at 1-800-626-9430.
More information about ordering foreign currency online or by phone:
- The shipping and handling fee may vary based on the USD amount of currency that you order. The shipping and handling fee will be added to your total order amount. Orders completed before 12:00 pm Pacific Time will generally be processed for next-day delivery (in most areas) on the same day they are received.
- Orders completed after 12:00 pm, or on weekends, are shipped the following business day. We'll send you an email confirmation when your order ships. Note: Less common currencies may take longer to process and deliver, due to limited availability. Also, if you live in Alaska or Hawaii, your delivery may take longer.
- Someone must be available at the delivery address to sign for the package. We do not deliver to P.O. boxes.
For checks that have posted to your account, you can view a check image online or order a paper copy (or select the Check or Draft link in the Request Copies section of the Account Services page if you’re already signed on).
Note: For legal purposes, a digital image is the same as a paper copy of a check, and online check images are free.
To view an online check image:
- For checks that posted within the past 90 days, click the View link next to the check number on the Account Activity page.
- For older checks, search by check number and the date it posted.
- You will be able to view the front and back of the check, print it, or save it.
- Online check images are provided free of charge and there is no limit to the number of checks that you can view online.
To order a paper copy of a check:
- You will need to provide the check number, amount of the check, the date the check cleared your account, and the account number.
- You can order a photocopy of a check that is up to seven years old.
- Please allow up to ten business days for delivery.
- There may be a fee for this service. For details, please refer to your Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule or call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
If a deposit has already posted to your account, you can order a copy of a past deposit slip online (or select the Deposit Slip link in the Request Copies section of the Account Services page if you’re already signed on). You will need to provide your account number, the amount of the deposit, and the date the deposit was credited to your account.
If the deposit has not yet posted, or if the deposit was made to an account you do not access online, call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557). Please have your Transaction Receipt available when calling.
More information about deposit slip photocopies:
- You may obtain a photocopy of a deposit slip within seven years of the deposit date.
- Please allow up to ten business days for delivery.
- You may also request copies of the checks that were included in the deposit.
- A Document Copy Fee may apply when Wells Fargo provides you with a paper copy of a deposit slip and/or the accompanying checks. For additional information, please refer to your Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule, or call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
To order new blank deposit slips, call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
If you’ve recently opened a new Wells Fargo account and requested a debit card, your Personal Identification Number (PIN) will be mailed separately from your card. If you do not receive your PIN, please visit your nearest Wells Fargo location.
If you had authorized the merchant/company to charge your account and you want to stop the merchant's ability to debit the account for future transactions:
If you have revoked authorization and the merchant continues to charge the account, you can then dispute the transactions with Wells Fargo by calling 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557) or visiting your local store.
- You should contact the merchant in writing and revoke your authorization to charge your account. Keep copies of your written notice revoking authorization and when offered, obtain and record a cancellation number from the merchant.
- You may also place a stop payment on the transaction(s), please visit the stop payment page above for more information.
Safe deposit boxes are available at most Wells Fargo locations. The yearly rental fee varies depending on the type of account you have and the size of the box. Please contact a banker at your local Wells Fargo store for details.
To make the annual payment for your Safe Deposit Box:
- Call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557) to establish automatic payments from your account to pay the Safe Deposit box renewal fee.
- Or visit your local Wells Fargo location.
- Or mail your payment to Wells Fargo Safe Deposit Operations, P.O. Box 3446, Portland, Oregon, 97208. Include your invoice or write the box number on your check.
To close your Safe Deposit Box, please visit the Wells Fargo location and remove your personal belongings. If the box is empty, send the keys and a signed written cancellation request to the address listed above.