How do I open an account?
How do I close a bank account?
To close a Checking, Savings, CD, or Money Market Account if there are no funds remaining in the account:
- Sign on to Wells Fargo Online® and select Contact Us to send an email request to close the account.
- Or call us at 1-800-869-3557.
- Or visit a Wells Fargo location near you.
If there are funds still remaining in the account:
- Transfer the funds to another account before sending us an email request to close the account.
- Or send your request by mail and ask that we send you an Official Bank Check (Cashier’s Check) for the balance in your account. Send your notarized written request to Wells Fargo, 350 SW Jefferson Street DP5, Portland, Oregon, 97201. For details, please refer to your Consumer Account and Fee Information Schedule or call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
If you would like to close your Loan, Line of Credit, or other type of account, please call the appropriate customer service department listed on your statement or in this phone directory.
How do I move checking accounts from another bank to Wells Fargo?
We can help you every step of the way. To make the switch, you should:
- Apply for your new Wells Fargo account.
- Move your automatic payments and deposits, if applicable, to your new Wells Fargo account.
- Close your old account.
For detailed instructions and easy-to-use forms, learn more about your switch to Wells Fargo.