For additional fee information, also see Wells Fargo Consumer and Business Fees
Is there a charge to use Bill Pay?
There's no monthly service fee to use Bill Pay.
Charges may apply for Wells Fargo Same Day Payments ServiceSM. Please refer to the Online Access Agreement for fees associated with our online services. Account fees (e.g. monthly service, overdraft) may apply to the Funding Account. For more information on the account fees, please refer to the account agreement you received when you opened your account.
Is there a charge to access my accounts online?
There is no monthly or per transaction fee for accessing your account information or initiating transfers on the internet during your secure Wells Fargo Online session. However, if you choose to bank online with Quicken®, there is a monthly fee of $3 for unlimited access and transfers. Read our Quicken frequently asked questions for more details.
What is the fee for calling customer service?
There are no fees for calling customer service. You can access your accounts and conduct most of your banking business using our Automated Telephone Banking Service, or speak with a Phone Banker for assistance by calling Customer Service.
What are the non-Wells Fargo ATM fees?
You can make withdrawals without a fee at any of our ATMs. If you use an ATM that is not Wells Fargo’s, a fee may apply.
Fees vary by type of account. Typical fees for transactions at non-Wells Fargo ATMs are:
- Non-Wells Fargo ATM Withdrawal Transaction fee*:
- U.S.: $2.50
- International: $5.00
- Balance Inquiry fee: $2.00
- Transfer fee: $2.00
- Other fees: Owners and operators of non-Wells Fargo ATMs may charge a fee in addition to those described above.
*Customers who are owners of a Wells Fargo PMA Package will not pay a Wells Fargo ATM access fee for two non-Wells Fargo ATM cash withdrawals (combined U.S. and international) from their primary checking account within the PMA Package per statement period. Surcharges imposed by non-Wells Fargo ATM owners or operators may apply. Where PMA Package qualifying balances are $250,000 or more, you will (1) have unlimited waived Wells Fargo ATM access fees at non-Wells Fargo ATMs (U.S. and international), (2) be reimbursed for all domestic surcharges, and (3) receive reimbursement for up to five surcharge fees per statement period imposed by a third party if you use a non-Wells Fargo ATM to make a cash withdrawal at an ATM located outside of the U.S.
For Wells Fargo fees specific to your account, please refer to your Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule or call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
Why was I charged a fee for my PMA® Package?
The PMA Package has a $30 monthly service fee, which can be avoided when you meet one of the following PMA statement-ending balances:
- $25,000 or more in qualifying linked bank deposit accounts (checking, savings, CD, FDIC-insured IRAs) OR
- $50,000 or more in any combination of qualifying linked bank, brokerage (available through our brokerage affiliate Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC) and credit balances (including 10% of mortgage balances, certain mortgages not eligible).
More about the PMA Package
- To help you keep track of the balance in your qualifying accounts, you may find it helpful to view all your accounts online. Please call us at the number below for assistance with linking your PMA Package to Wells Fargo Online Banking.
- If you think your combined balance may fall below the minimum combined balance requirement to avoid the monthly service fee, please call us to discuss other account options that may be better suited to your needs.
- PMA Package product specialists are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 1-800-742-4932.
Please refer to your Consumer Account Fee And Information Schedule for additional information about the PMA Package. If you wish to speak to a banker about the PMA Package, please call the Premier Banking Team at 1-800-742-4932.
What is an overdraft fee or returned item fee?
Overdraft is a term used to indicate when an Item such as a check, debit card purchase, or other transaction presented for payment is paid even though the available balance in your deposit account is less than the amount of the Item, thereby creating an Overdraft (or negative balance) in your account. An Overdraft fee will apply.
Returned Item is a term used to indicate when an Item such as a check or other transaction presented for payment is returned unpaid because the available balance in your deposit account is less than the amount of the Item. Also called a “bounced check.” A Returned Item fee will apply. For Wells Fargo fees specific to your account, please refer to your "Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule" or call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
What does Returned Item mean?
Returned Item is a term used to indicate when an Item such as a check or other transaction presented for payment is returned unpaid because the available balance in your deposit account is less than the amount of the Item. Also called a “bounced check.” A Returned Item fee will apply.
If you cash or deposit an Item into your account, and it is returned to the Bank because the account it was drawn on did not have enough money to cover the Item, your account is charged a Cashed/Deposited Item Returned Unpaid fee.
For Wells Fargo fees specific to your account, please refer to your "Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule" or call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
What is the fee for using Overdraft Protection?
Overdraft Protection allows Wells Fargo to transfer money from a linked savings account or advance money from an eligible linked credit account if there is not enough money in the checking account to cover transactions.
A single transfer/advance fee is assessed each day funds are transferred/advanced, regardless of the number of transactions covered. The transfer or advance fee depends on the type of account the funds are transferred from:
|Credit Card |
Linked Home Equity
Line of Credit (HELOC)
|$12.50 (fee applied to checking account)|
What is an Excess Activity Fee?
Regulation D and Wells Fargo limit certain types of withdrawals and transfers from a savings account to a combined total of six (6) per monthly fee period. If the limit is exceeded, an excess activity fee for each withdrawal or transfer will be assessed. There is a maximum of 3 excess activity fees per monthly fee period. Please refer to the Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule or the Business Account Fee and Information Schedule for details.
What is the $1 charge that appears in my online Account Activity?
There are common reasons that a $1 charge may appear in your online Account Activity:
- Debit Card Activity. Sometimes merchants perform a test charge to verify your account before authorizing a debit card purchase. These charges are usually for a nominal amount such as $1. Once the actual purchase is charged to your account, the $1 test charge is removed.
- ATM Statement Fee. There may be a $1 fee when you request a statement at the ATM.