When will my deposit be credited to my account?
If you make your deposit before the displayed banking location, ATM, or Wells Fargo Mobile® cut-off time on a business day, we will generally credit the deposit to your account the same business day. If you make your deposit after the cut-off time or on a non-business day, we will credit it to your account on the next business day.
- Business days are Monday through Friday, except for federal holidays.
- Cut-off times are displayed in all locations. The cut-off time for most Wells Fargo ATM locations is 9 pm local time. The cut-off time for deposits using the Wells Fargo Mobile app is 9 pm Pacific Time.
- Use our locator to find the cut-off times for a banking location or ATM nearest you.
Note: In some cases it may be necessary to place a hold on your deposit. The first $200 is usually available the next business day, but the rest may not be available for several days. If you have questions about a hold that we placed on your deposit, please call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
Why did you place a hold on my deposit?
Wells Fargo’s general policy is to make deposited funds available on the first business day after we receive the deposit. In some cases, however, we place a “hold” on the funds. Common reasons for placing a hold on a check or deposit include but are not limited to:
- Accounts with frequent overdrafts
- Accounts opened for a short time
- High dollar deposits that exceed the total available balance in the account
- Deposits of checks that have already been returned unpaid
- The financial institution that the check was drawn against has notified Wells Fargo that the check will be returned
For questions or information about a hold placed on a check or deposit, please contact a customer service supervisor at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Holds on deposits cannot be serviced through email.
Where can I mail my deposit?
Please request a Bank by Mail kit by phone or email. Allow 15 business days for delivery.
- Call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557). Bankers are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Or sign on to Wells Fargo Online® and access Contact Us through the More menu. Be sure your email includes the address where you want the kit mailed and your account number for the deposits.
While you are waiting for your kit, you may mail your deposits to Wells Fargo, P.O. Box 3488, Portland, Oregon, 97208-3488. Be sure to include your account number with your deposit.
What does Check Reversal mean?
When a check that is deposited into your account is returned unpaid by the issuer's bank, the item is debited as a Check Reversal and returned to you to collect from the issuer. There is a Returned Item fee each time this occurs.
How do I request a copy of a deposit slip?
If a deposit has already posted to your account, you can order a copy of a past deposit slip online or select View Details beside the deposit if you are already signed on.
If the deposit has not yet posted, or if the deposit was made to an account you do not access online, call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557). Please have your Transaction Receipt available when calling.
More information about deposit slip photocopies:
- You may obtain a photocopy of a deposit slip within seven years of the deposit date.
- Please allow up to ten business days for delivery.
- You may also request copies of the checks that were included in the deposit.
- A Document Copy Fee may apply when Wells Fargo provides you with a paper copy of a deposit slip and/or the accompanying checks. For additional information, please refer to your Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule, or call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
To order new blank deposit slips, call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557) or sign on to Wells Fargo Online and access Order Checks and Deposit Tickets through the More menu.
How do I set up direct deposit?
Three easy steps for setting up direct deposit.
What is my routing number?
Also known as a banking routing number, routing transit number, RTN, or ABA, routing numbers differ for Wells Fargo Checking and Savings accounts, Credit Cards, Lines of Credit, and wire transfers. Find your routing number.
When will my direct deposit be credited to my account?
We add your direct deposit amount to your Available Balance on the same day we receive your deposit. The Available Balance is the most current record we have about the funds that are available for withdrawal from your account. This balance may not reflect all of your transactions, such as checks you have written or debit card transactions that have been approved but not yet submitted for payment by the merchant.
If you sign up for Alerts, you can choose to be notified when a direct deposit is available in your account.
If you were expecting a direct deposit and have not received it, or there was an error in the direct deposit amount, please contact the company or individual who is sending you the money.
Can I use my mobile device to make a deposit?
Yes. With Wells Fargo Mobile Deposit (“Mobile Deposit”) you can make a deposit directly into your eligible checking or savings account using the Wells Fargo Mobile App on supported Apple and Android devices. Mobile Deposit lets you submit photos of the front and back of your endorsed check. Your deposit is safe and you can save time with fewer trips to a Wells Fargo ATM or branch.