Auto loan questions
What are the current rates?
Check current rates for refinance, new and used car loans
Where do I send my payment?
You can make payments through Wells Fargo Online. Sign on now to view your account. Or, you can mail payments to:
PO BOX 60510
Los Angeles, CA 90060-0510
How do I manage my existing account?
Wells Fargo Dealer Services and Wells Fargo Auto Finance offer you easy online access. Whether you've recently joined us or have been with us for a long time, you can check the status of your loan, make a payment, and manage your account, anytime, anywhere you have internet access.
Wells Fargo Dealer Services
If your loan was obtained through an auto dealership.
Sign up for eServices on wellsfargodealerservices.com.
Already enrolled? Sign on to eServices
Wells Fargo Auto Finance
If your loan was obtained directly through Wells Fargo.
Already enrolled? Sign on to Wells Fargo Online®
Still need assistance? Call 1-800-559-3557
Mon – Fri: 8 am - 6 pm
How can I make auto loan payments online?
You have several options to make your payments online.
- Set up automatic payments.
- Make one-time payments or principal-only payments with transfers from your checking or savings account with Wells Fargo or any other financial institution.
- Make one-time payments or recurring payments from your Wells Fargo checking account with Bill Pay
Are there any penalties if I prepay my auto loan?
No. You may pay off part, or all, of your loan at any time without incurring any penalties.
How do I apply for an auto loan?
Applying is simple and takes 5 – 10 minutes to get a credit decision and rate.
- Apply online.
- Discuss and select a loan option with a Wells Fargo Auto Finance Specialist.
- Complete and submit your loan documents.
If approved, you’ll receive your loan quickly — typically within one business day — and you can access your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Online Banking with Wells Fargo Online®.
What is a co-applicant and why might I need one?
A co-applicant is an individual that enters into the loan with you, and may maintain part ownership of the vehicle acquired with that loan. Under certain circumstances, a co-applicant could help you get a better car loan rate. You may want to consider this option if you’re in the process of establishing or building credit, or if you have a lower credit score.
Discover more benefits of a co-applicant.
What information do I need before I apply for a loan?
Before you apply, be sure that you have the following information:
- Personal and contact information — including your Social Security Number, previous addresses, monthly mortgage, or rent payments
- Employment and income information — such as your gross income amount, current and previous employer information, or employment status
- Current vehicle information — including the VIN number, year, make, and model of the vehicle, and mileage
To prepare, use the Loan Application Checklist.
How do I access my auto loan account online?
What determines my auto loan interest rate?
There are several factors that determine the interest rate for your loan including current financial market conditions, the term you select for your loan, the vehicle, and your credit and financial profile.
How much can I borrow with an auto loan?
Typically, Wells Fargo auto loans $5,000 or greater. The amount of money you are eligible to borrow is based upon several factors including the type of vehicle and your credit and financial profile.
Do I need to make a down payment to be approved for an auto loan?
Generally, a down payment is not required to be approved for an auto loan from Wells Fargo. If a down payment is required in your particular circumstance, we will contact you after you apply.