Preparing for College
We offer practical information about timelines, budgeting, and applying for financial aid. Just ask your banker for our brochure – Preparing for Paying for College. You can also visit our student site containing information on scholarships, the Student LoanDownSM Blog, different student loan options, and much more. Please visit wellsfargo.com/student.
Plus, at any time during high school you can enroll in the CollegeSTEPS®. This free online program offers valuable tips on college preparation through electronic postcards.
Going to College
Whether you only just received your acceptance letter, or are already heading off to college, you'll want to take a look at the resources below.
- Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account with a Wells Fargo Debit card to make deposits at any Wells Fargo ATM, make purchases at participating retailers and service providers – including online or by phone, and withdraw cash at any Wells Fargo ATM OR you can withdraw cash at more than 1.5 million Visa® and participating ATM networks.
- Wells Fargo College Visa® Credit Card with credit education, low introductory rates, and no annual fee; builds credit and can be linked to provide Overdraft Protection
- Wells Fargo® savings account – with My Savings Plan® to help students save for future goals.
- Receive an eligible savings account with no monthly service fee with Everyday Checking that earns interest and can be linked to provide Overdraft Protection.
- Free access to Wells Fargo Online® Banking, including the following FREE features:
- Monitor account activity
- Online Bill Pay
- Access your account from a cell phone with Wells Fargo Mobile® Banking – receive transaction information on your cell phone or mobile device
- Online Statements and Check Images reduces the risk of identity theft and helps the environment by reducing paper
- My Money Map includes My Spending Report with Budget Watch ― a free, online money management tool that automatically tracks your Wells Fargo spending and deposit history.
- Set-up Account Alerts to monitor account balances and transactions automatically via email or text message
- Online money transfers are fast and safer than sending cash
- Direct Deposit from most major employers and schools, and financial aid
- Convenient Address Change feature
Use the Student Loan Selector Tool to find the loan that's the best fit for you.