Wells Fargo can help you get ready now for the next step in your child's future. Before they leave home, make sure they — and you — are prepared. See our suggestions below for children between 18 and 19 years of age.
For additional guidance, feel free to contact a Wells Fargo Banker and they will be happy to assist you.
Financial needs and actions to take
- Talk with your child about establishing a budget and the money they will need in college. If they have a credit card, explain the responsibilities that come with it.
- Learn about the options for financing college, such as grants, scholarships, federal and private student loans
- Consider renters insurance* to protect their valuables if they will be living away from home
Put your plan into action with these resources:
Education savings accounts and funding tools
Money management education accounts and services
- College Combo ®includes money-management tools for college students
- Wells Fargo College Checking® account, with a Wells Fargo® debit card to make deposits, withdraw cash at ATMs, and make purchases at participating retailers and service providers – including online or by phone.
- Wells Fargo savings account, – with My Savings Plan® to help students save for future goals.
One eligible savings account with a monthly service fee waiver, with a Wells Fargo College Checking® account. Earns interest and can be linked to provide Overdraft Protection. Free access to Wells Fargo Online® Banking, including the following features:
- Monitor account activity
- Online Bill Pay
- Access your account from a cell phone with Wells Fargo Mobile® Banking – receive transaction information on your cell phone or mobile device
- Online Statements and Check Images reduces the risk of identity theft and helps the environment by reducing paper
- My Money Map includes My Spending Report with Budget Watch ― a free, online money management tool that automatically tracks your Wells Fargo spending and deposit history.
- Set-up Account Alerts to monitor account balances and transactions automatically via email or text message
- Online money transfers between Wells Fargo customers is fast and safer than sending cash
- Direct Deposit from most major employers and schools, and financial aid
- Convenient Address Change feature
- Getting Started , a quick start guide for managing your new checking account
- Auto Loans
- Learn More about: Financial Education
Money management tools and accounts
The CollegeSTEPS® Program – college preparation tips and resources
Wells Fargo’s financial education tools include: