The enhanced UNK Card is linked to a Wells Fargo College Checking account
University of Nebraska at Kearney and Wells Fargo have teamed up to offer you added banking convenience with your enhanced UNK Card. Use it as your official student ID, for campus privileges and for your day-to-day financial needs on and off campus when it’s linked to a Wells Fargo College Checking® account. Enjoy free access to cash at Wells Fargo ATMs nationwide and make everyday purchases and pay bills worldwide at participating retailers and service providers with your enhanced UNK Card.
A Wells Fargo College Checking account offers you:
- Monthly service fee waived when linked to your enhanced UNK Card
- Sending money to virtually anyone from your smartphone with Wells Fargo SurePaySM service
- Quick and secure check deposits with our mobile apps
- Simple, secure access to your account with Wells Fargo Online® Banking
- Direct deposit of your financial aid disbursements and/or paychecks
Getting your enhanced UNK card
- Have your photo taken at Orientation or by visiting the UNK Card Office, located in the Student Union. For information, call your UNK Card Office at 1-308-865-8154 or visit UNK online at www.unk.edu/idcard.
- Go to any nearby Wells Fargo banking location to open a Wells Fargo College Checking account and request your new enhanced UNK Card including:
- 21 West 21st Street, Kearney
- 4803 Second Avenue, Kearney
- Activate your enhanced UNK Card when you receive it in the mail by calling the toll-free number provided.
- Stop by the UNK Card Office to turn in your standard UNK Card and have your enhanced UNK Card activated for on-campus services.
Pay with confidence
Your campus debit card comes with security features like Zero Liability protection and full reimbursement for unauthorized use when promptly reported. This includes purchases made online, by phone and in person.
Get instant savings
Enjoy discounts at popular merchants when you use your campus debit card. Visit wellsfargo.com/discounts to learn more.
Reporting your lost or stolen enhanced UNK Card
Contact your school
Contact the UNK Card Office at 1-308-865-8154
Contact Wells Fargo
Immediately contact Wells Fargo 24/7 at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557) or TTY/TTD 1-800-877-4833 for callers with hearing impairments and request a replacement enhanced UNK Card
Be smart with your money
Find valuable tools and tips for managing your checking account and finances to help you spend and save wisely.
Keep track of your finances online
- Wells Fargo Mobile® Banking, access your account information while you’re on the go
- Text Banking, quickly check balances and transfer funds via text message
- Free and timely account alerts about transactions sent right to your email or wireless device
Learn financial basics with the Hands on Banking® program
With this free, fun, educational website you'll learn the benefits of budgeting, how to manage expenses, and the importance of using credit wisely.