Link your Minnesota State University, Mankato MavCARD to a Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account
Minnesota State University, Mankato and Wells Fargo have teamed up to offer you added banking convenience with your linked MavCARD. Use it as your official student ID, for campus privileges and for your day-to-day financial needs on and off campus when it’s linked to a Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account. Enjoy free access to cash at Wells Fargo ATMs nationwide and make purchases using your Personal Identification Number (PIN) with your linked MavCARD.
A Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account offers you:
- Monthly service fee waived when linked to your MavCARD
- Sending money to virtually anyone from your smartphone with Wells Fargo SurePaySM service
- Quick and secure check deposits with our mobile apps
- Simple, secure access to your account with Wells Fargo Online® Banking
- Direct deposit of your financial aid disbursements and/or paychecks
Linking your MavCARD
- Getting Your Card:
- Visit the MavCARD Office on campus to have your picture taken and to pick up your card.
- Once you have it, bring it to the Wells Fargo banking location on campus or any nearby Wells Fargo banking location to open an account:
- 114 Centennial Student Union
- See a banker to link your card to your new or existing Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account.
Reporting your lost or stolen linked MavCARD
Contact your school
- You must notify Minnesota State University by visiting or calling the MavCARD Office and to obtain a replacement card
- If you have a MavCASH account, you need to also log-in to your account to place a hold on your funds
- Get your replacement card at the MavCARD office
Contact Wells Fargo
If your card is linked to a Wells Fargo account, immediately contact Wells Fargo 24/7 at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557). Wells Fargo accepts Telecommunications Relay Services calls. For TTY/TTD, call 1-800-877-4833.
Link your new card
Once you have your new card, speak to a Wells Fargo banker to have it linked to your checking account.
Be smart with your money
Find valuable tools and tips for managing your checking account and finances to help you spend and save wisely.
Keep track of your finances online
- Wells Fargo Mobile® Banking, access your account information while you’re on the go
- Text Banking, quickly check balances and transfer funds via text message
- Free and timely account alerts about transactions sent right to your email or wireless device
Learn financial basics with the Hands on Banking® program
With this free, fun, educational website you'll learn the benefits of budgeting, how to manage expenses, and the importance of using credit wisely.