Link your California State University, East Bay - Bay Card to a Wells Fargo College Checking account
California State University, East Bay and Wells Fargo have teamed up to offer you added banking convenience with your linked Bay Card. Use it as your official student ID, for campus privileges and for your day-to-day financial needs on and off campus when it’s linked to a Wells Fargo College Checking® account. Enjoy free access to cash at Wells Fargo ATMs nationwide and make purchases using your Personal Identification Number (PIN) with your linked Bay Card.
A Wells Fargo College Checking account offers you:
- Monthly service fee waived when linked to your Bay Card
- Sending money to virtually anyone from your smartphone with Wells Fargo SurePaySM service
- Quick and secure check deposits with our mobile apps
- Simple, secure access to your account with Wells Fargo Online® Banking
- Direct deposit of your financial aid disbursements and/or paychecks
Linking your Bay card
- Getting Your Card: Please visit Bay Card to determine where to pick up your card.
- Once you have it, bring it to any nearby Wells Fargo banking location to open an account:
- 1172 A Street, Hayward
- 3500 Castro Valley Blvd, Castro Valley
- 1600 Hesperian Blvd, San Lorenzo
- 1899 Marina Blvd, San Leandro
- 30915 Courthouse Dr, Union City
- See a banker to link your card to your new or existing Wells Fargo College Checking account.
Reporting your lost or stolen linked Bay Card
Contact your school
- Reporting your card lost or stolen immediately helps ensure any Bay Bucks you have in your account are protected.
- If your card is lost or stolen, it is imperative to cancel it immediately. Log in to the Bay Bucks website and report it, even if you don't have Bay Bucks on your card. This will freeze the card and ensure it cannot be used. If you are not near a computer when you realize your card is lost or stolen, call The Bay Card Office to report it: 1-510-885-CARD. Stolen items should always be reported to University Police.
- Please visit the Bay Card staff in the University Library to obtain a replacement card. Be prepared to show your police report if you reported the card stolen, otherwise, there will be a $10 charge to replace a lost card. If a police report is filed indicating the card was stolen, this fee is not applicable.
Contact Wells Fargo
If your card is linked to a Wells Fargo account, immediately contact Wells Fargo 24/7 at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557) or TTY/TTD 1-800-877-4833 for callers with hearing impairments.
Link your new card
Once you have your new card, speak to a Wells Fargo banker to have it linked to your checking account.
Be smart with your money
Find valuable tools and tips for managing your checking account and finances to help you spend and save wisely.
Keep track of your finances online
- Wells Fargo Mobile® Banking, access your account information while you’re on the go
- Text Banking, quickly check balances and transfer funds via text message
- Free and timely account alerts about transactions sent right to your email or wireless device
Learn financial basics with the Hands on Banking® program
With this free, fun, educational website you'll learn the benefits of budgeting, how to manage expenses, and the importance of using credit wisely.