Wells Fargo Rewards® Card Terms and Conditions
If you meet the qualifications for a Wells Fargo Visa Signature® Card, you agree that the Bank may consider you for an upgrade from the Rewards card to a Visa Signature card.
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
0.00% introductory APR for 15 months.
After that your APR will be 12.40% to 26.24%, based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Balance Transfers
0.00% introductory APR for 15 months.
After that, your APR will be 12.40% to 26.24%, based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the
APR for Cash Advances and Overdraft Protection Advances
24.24% to 26.24%, based on your creditworthiness.
This APR will vary with the market based on the
How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases
Your due date is at least 25 days after the close of each billing period. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.
Minimum Interest Charge
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $1.00.
For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://
Introductory fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater, for 15 months. After that, up to 5% for each balance transfer, with a minimum of $5.
Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater.
Overdraft Protection Advances
$12.50 if the total of overdraft protection advances for the day is $50 or less;
$20 if the total of overdraft protection advances for the day is greater than $50.
Foreign Currency Conversion Fee
3% of each transaction converted to
Up to $37
Returned Check or Returned Payment
Up to $37
How we will calculate your balance
We use a method called "average daily balance (including new purchases)".
Credit limit reallocation
If you have a current credit card with Wells Fargo, have no current balance on that card and have not used your card for any purpose in the past six months and you are applying for an additional card, you agree to allow Wells Fargo to allocate your credit limits between your existing and new credit card accounts, to allow for use of both cards. Please note that you always have the right to change or reallocate your limits on your own by calling Customer Service at any time, with certain restrictions.
Eligibility for introductory rate(s), fees, and bonus rewards offers
If you or any joint applicant currently have an open credit card account or a closed credit card account with a balance issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., you will not be eligible for the above introductory APR(s) and fees or the bonus rewards offers described below if your existing card has been open less than 16 months.
How we will calculate your variable APRs
- Unless an introductory or promotional APR is in effect, we will add a “Margin” to the
U.S.Prime Rate to determine your standard variable APR. For each billing period we will use the U.S.Prime Rate, or the average of the U.S.Prime Rates if there is more than one, published in the Money Rates column of The Wall Street Journal three business days prior to your billing statement closing date. If the U.S.Prime Rate is not published or is otherwise unavailable, whether temporarily or permanently, we will select a substitute index that we believe, in our sole discretion, to be similar to the U.S.Prime Rate. The U.S.Prime Rate is 3.50 percentage points as of 06/01/2016.
- The "Margin" for purchases and balance transfers will be 8.90 to 22.74 percentage points, based on your creditworthiness.
- The "Margin" for cash advances and overdraft protection advances will be 20.74 to 22.74 percentage points, based on your creditworthiness.
Wells Fargo reserves the right to change terms, rates (APRs) and fees, at its discretion in accordance with the Consumer Credit Card Customer Agreement and Disclosure Statement ("Agreement") for your account and applicable law.
You may not qualify for the lowest APRs disclosed above. The APRs applicable to your account will be determined by our review of your credit report, information you provide on your application, and other relevant information available to us.
Application of payments
Generally, we will apply your minimum payment first to lower APR balances (such as Purchases) before balances with higher APRs (such as Cash Advances). Payments made in excess of the minimum payment will generally be applied to balances with higher APRs first before balances with lower ones.
If you choose to link your Account to your checking account for overdraft protection, please note the following. If you have a joint checking account, you will be responsible for all advances, including interest and charges from your credit card to cover overdrafts regardless of who writes the check, makes the debit card purchase, or engages in any other transaction that causes the overdraft. An Overdraft Protection Advance Fee will be charged each day an Overdraft Protection Advance is made and interest will accrue from the date each advance is made. Refer to the Consumer Credit Card Customer Agreement and Disclosure Statement for details. Please note that you may also be able to link your checking account to your savings account for overdraft protection. No interest is charged on overdraft protection transfers from your savings account, however, fees do apply. Please refer to your Consumer Account Agreement and Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule for details.
Important information about procedures for opening a new account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities,
Notice to Ohio residents
The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers, and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.
Notice to married Wisconsin residents
If you are married, by submitting your credit card application you are confirming that this credit card obligation is being incurred in the interest of your marriage and your family. No provision of any marital property agreement (pre-marital agreement), unilateral statement under 766.59 of the Wisconsin Statutes, or a court decree under 766.70 adversely affects the interest of the creditor unless the creditor, prior to the time the credit is granted, is furnished a copy of the agreement, statement or decrees or has actual knowledge of the adverse provision. If the credit card for which you are applying is granted, you will notify the Bank if you have a spouse who needs to receive notification that credit has been extended to you.
This application is for a credit card with Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. You certify that all information provided is true, correct, and complete and that you have the legal capacity to enter into this contract. The Bank is authorized to verify or check any of the information given, to obtain credit reports on you and to make Overdraft Protection advances if you requested that feature. You authorize the Bank to obtain information from others to investigate your credit, employment and income history and state records including state employment security agency records and to report information regarding your account to consumer reporting agencies. You agree that the Bank will determine the amount of credit extended, as well as which product you qualify for, based on the Bank's review criteria. If you do not qualify for the product or pricing requested or for the lowest pricing offered, you authorize the Bank to grant you the product and pricing for which you do qualify. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Agreement, which will be sent to you, and understand that the terms of your account may be changed at any time, subject to applicable law. You hereby stipulate to the terms of the arbitration program described in the Agreement. You understand and agree that you will be liable for payment of all amounts owing on the account. You understand and agree that each person applying will have full and equal access to any credit line extended and each will be individually and jointly liable for payment of all amounts owed even if only one applicant uses the account.
A consumer report from consumer reporting agencies will be obtained in considering this application and for the purposes of any update, renewal, extension of credit, review or collection of the account. Upon request, we will inform you of the name and address of each consumer reporting agency from which we obtain a consumer report relating to you. If you are a married applicant you may apply for credit in your own name.
Please call to confirm receipt of your new card as soon as you receive it. If you do not do so, your requests for certain services such as balance transfers, Overdraft Protection, Wells Fargo Online banking and ATM access may be delayed and you may be denied access to your account.
This information about the cost of the credit card account described in this disclosure is accurate as of May 2016. This information may have changed after that date. To find out what may have changed, call 1-800-642-4720.
Important rewards notice
Cardholders will earn one (1) point for every $1 spent in net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits) made on the Credit Card account, rounded to the nearest whole dollar. During the first 6 months from the date the account is opened, for purchases made at retailers whose merchant code for Visa is classified in one of the following categories: grocery stores, drugstores and gas stations, Cardholders will earn an additional four (4) points for every $1 spent in net purchases made on the Credit Card account, rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Purchases not processed using these merchant codes for Visa will not qualify for bonus points. Wells Fargo does not have the ability to control how a retailer chooses to classify their business and therefore reserves the right to determine which purchases qualify for bonus points. You may not earn bonus points for purchases made through third-party payment accounts, at online marketplaces, with retailers who submit purchases using a mobile/wireless card reader, or if you use a mobile or digital wallet. These additional points earned during the first 6 months at the select merchants will appear on the Cardholder's account statement 1-2 billing periods from the date earned. ATM transactions, cash advances of any kind, balance transfers, SUPERCHECKS™, cash equivalents such as money orders and pre-paid gift cards, casino gaming chips, wire transfers, off-track wagers, lottery tickets, or bets or wagers transmitted over the Internet, fees or interest posted to a linked account, including but not limited to returned payment fees, late fees, and monthly or annual fees, do not earn points. Refer to the Summary of the Wells Fargo Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions and Addendum to the Wells Fargo Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions for details.
Cellular telephone protection
Cellular Telephone Protection can reimburse the eligible Wells Fargo Consumer credit card cardholder for damage to or theft of a cellular wireless telephone. Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephones are limited to the primary line and up to the first three additional lines as listed on your provider's monthly statement. Cellular Telephone Protection is subject to a $25.00 deductible per claim and a maximum of 2 claims per 12 month period. The maximum benefit limit is $600.00 per occurrence and $1,200.00 per 12 month period. You will receive no more than the value of the original phone or a replacement phone with similar features and functionality, less a $25.00 deductible. This benefit does not cover cellular telephones that are lost. This protection is only available when cell phone bills are paid from your Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card. The coverage does not apply if the cell phone bill is paid from a Wells Fargo Debit Card, Wells Fargo Business Credit Card, or from the card that is linked to a Line of Credit. Coverage does not apply for electronic failure or cell phones that are received as part of a pre-paid plan. Cellular telephone protection coverage begins the first day of the calendar month following your first cellular telephone billing on your Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card, and remains in effect when you continue to charge your total monthly cellular telephone bill to your Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card. This protection may not be equivalent to or better than other applicable coverage you may have presently or in the future, such as your homeowner's or automobile insurance policies, or through a plan provided through the seller of the telephone. For complete coverage benefits and exclusions regarding this protection call 1-800-642-4720, 24 hours a day, seven days a week or go to wellsfargo.com/cellphone.
Summary of the Wells Fargo Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions and Addendum to the Wells Fargo Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions for the Wells Fargo Rewards® Card
Effective: April 2016
- "You", "Your", or "Customer" means, as applicable, each person who is the owner of an Earning Mechanism and a participant in the Wells Fargo Rewards Program, also known as Go FarTMRewards, ("Program") through that Earning Mechanism as indicated in our records. "Wells Fargo", "We", "Us", or "Our" shall mean Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. This Program is not available for products, promotions or offers unless specifically allowed.
- The Program may encompass multiple products, or promotions, or offers (collectively and each an "Earning Mechanism(s)"). Each Earning Mechanism will also have terms and conditions which addresses Rewards earn and forfeiture, and may address Program fees, Rewards expiration, and annual earnings maximums ("Addendum(s)") that will supplement the Program Terms and Conditions. The Program Terms and Conditions and Addendum(s), as well as any additional terms and conditions that are referenced in the Program Terms and Conditions, represent the complete terms of the Program (collectively "Terms"). You also acknowledge that You will be required to consent to certain agreements for online functionality. You agree to the Terms by participating in the Program.
- An Earning Mechanism will earn "Points", "Cash Rewards" or "Rebates" (collectively and each "Rewards"). A Wells Fargo Rewards Program account ("Rewards Account") will be automatically opened for You. A Rewards Account holds, calculates and accumulates Rewards, and will have at least one Earning Mechanism assigned to it unless it is designated as a Rewards Pool. The Rewards earned by a Rebate Earning Mechanism will display as "Cash Rewards" in Your Rewards Account. You can earn Rewards in a variety of ways, including purchases made with an Earning Mechanism at qualifying merchants or in connection with other promotions or offers. Any such promotions or offers may have specific terms and conditions that will be disclosed at the time of the promotion or offer. You can also earn Rewards at the Rewards Account level which means that You have the ability to earn Rewards through the Earn More Mall site or earn Rewards that are not based on any Earning Mechanism activity such as with Rewards transfers or gifts.
- You will earn one Point for every $1 in net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits) made on this credit card account rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Returns or credits applied to Your credit card account, such as returned or disputed purchases, may reduce or eliminate Points already earned. They may also cause a negative Points balance. Deducted Points will post within 1-2 billing periods.
- Point accrual will begin upon Program enrollment date. No Points will be awarded retroactively.
- The following purchases/transactions do not earn Points: ATM transactions, cash advances of any kind, balance transfers, SUPERCHECKSTM, cash equivalents such as money orders and pre-paid gift cards, casino gaming chips, wire transfers, off-track wagers, lottery tickets, or bets or wagers transmitted over the Internet. Fees or interest posted to Your credit card account, including but not limited to returned payment fees, late fees, and monthly or annual fees, do not earn Points.
- Amounts currently in dispute and purchases made in violation of law or the terms governing Your credit card account will not earn Points.
- There is no limit to the Points You may earn unless stated otherwise at the time a specific promotion or offer is made.
- Points will expire and be forfeited at the end of the 60th month beginning with the first month in which the Points were posted to Your Rewards Account. Points are redeemed on a first-in first-out basis.
- We reserve the right to change the Terms or to change, suspend or terminate the Program, in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason, which may result in the cancellation of the ability to earn and/or redeem Rewards, the decrease of Rewards value, and/or the forfeiture of Rewards. In addition, We reserve the right to immediately suspend or disqualify You from the Program, in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to, violation of Earning Mechanism terms and conditions or the Terms, or if You or others have engaged in either suspected fraud or fraud, or misused the Program, as determined by Us in Our sole discretion. Your suspension or termination from the Program may result in the cancellation of the ability to earn and/or redeem Rewards, the decrease of Rewards value, and/or the forfeiture of Rewards. If Wells Fargo decides to cancel the Program, in its entirety, You will have three months from the date of the cancellation notification to redeem Your Rewards. Any unredeemed Rewards remaining after the three month period will be forfeited. We will give You advance written notice of material changes to the Terms or the Program. You can find the most current Program Terms and Conditions at MyWellsFargoRewards.com or by calling rewards customer service at 1-877-517-1358.
- If Your credit card account becomes delinquent (You fail to make a required payment when due) the Points associated with Your credit card account will not be available for redemption, transfer or gifting. Any Points that have not yet posted to Your Rewards Account will remain in a "Rewards Pending" status and any posted Points will move to a "Rewards Held" status, until Your credit card returns to current status or is closed. Points that have posted to Your Rewards Account that are associated with other Earning Mechanisms will remain available for redemption, transfer and gifting.
- Points may be redeemed for merchandise, physical and electronic gift cards, travel, cash, digital rewards, and charitable donations. Cash redemption options by phone or online are redeemable in 2500 Point increments only and can be done either by automatically applying it to Your Wells Fargo Checking or Savings accounts, or Wells Fargo credit products that are qualified to receive cash redemptions, or by requesting a paper check. Cash redemptions via a withdrawal from a Wells Fargo ATM or a Rewards redemption to an eligible Wells Fargo account from a Wells Fargo ATM are redeemable in 2000 Point increments only. You must have a Wells Fargo Debit or ATM card in order to redeem Rewards at a Wells Fargo ATM.
- For airline ticket redemptions, the number of Points required to be redeemed is equivalent to the ticket costs divided by .01, rounded up to the nearest whole Point.
- A separate $24.00 per airline ticket processing fee will apply.
- You can cancel participation of Your credit card in the Program at any time by calling Us at the number listed on the back of Your credit card. Your credit card Program cancellation does not cancel Your credit card account, or change the terms and conditions of Your credit card account. If You cancel participation of Your credit card in the Program, Points associated with this credit card will be forfeited on the date of cancellation. In addition, if Your credit card is closed for any reason, the Points associated with the credit card will be forfeited on the date of closure. Any Pending Points associated with the credit card will also be forfeited.
- These Terms are only a summary. Other restrictions and requirements apply. The full Wells Fargo Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions and Addendum to the Wells Fargo Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions for the Wells Fargo Rewards® Card will be provided upon enrollment. You can also find the most current Wells Fargo Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions online at MyWellsFargoRewards.com.