Wells Fargo Propel World American Express® Card Terms and Conditions
If you have a current credit card with Wells Fargo, have no current balance on that card and have not used your card for any purpose in the past six months and you are applying for an additional card, you agree to allow Wells Fargo to allocate your credit limits between your existing and new credit card accounts, to allow for use of both cards. Please note that you always have the right to change or reallocate your limits on your own by calling Customer Service at any time, with certain restrictions.
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
0.00% introductory APR for 12 months.
After that your APR will be 14.24% to 22.24%, based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Balance Transfers
0.00% introductory APR for 12 months.
After that, your APR will be 14.24% to 22.24%, based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the
APR for Cash Advances and Overdraft Protection Advances
This APR will vary with the market based on the
How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases
Your due date is at least 25 days after the close of each billing period. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.
Minimum Interest Charge
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $1.00.
For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://
$0 introductory annual fee for the first year, and $175 annual fee for subsequent years.
Introductory fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater, for 12 months. After that, up to 5% for each balance transfer, with a minimum of $5.
Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater.
Overdraft Protection Advances
$12.50 if the total of overdraft protection advances for the day is $50 or less;
$20 if the total of overdraft protection advances for the day is greater than $50.
Foreign Currency Conversion Fee
Up to $37
Returned Check or Returned Payment
Up to $37
How we will calculate your balance
We use a method called "average daily balance (including new purchases)".
Eligibility for introductory rate(s), fees, and bonus rewards offers
If you or any joint applicant currently have an open credit card account or a closed credit card account with a balance issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., you will not be eligible for the above introductory APR(s) and fees or the bonus rewards offers described below if your existing card has been open less than 16 months.
How we will calculate your variable APRs
- Unless an introductory or promotional APR is in effect, we will add a “Margin” to the
U.S.Prime Rate to determine your standard variable APR. For each billing period we will use the U.S.Prime Rate, or the average of the U.S.Prime Rates if there is more than one, published in the Money Rates column of The Wall Street Journal three business days prior to your billing statement closing date. If the U.S.Prime Rate is not published or is otherwise unavailable, whether temporarily or permanently, we will select a substitute index that we believe, in our sole discretion, to be similar to the U.S.Prime Rate. Currently, the U.S.Prime Rate is 3.5 percentage points.
- The "Margin" for purchases and balance transfers will be 10.74 to 18.74 percentage points, based on your creditworthiness.
- The "Margin" for cash advances and overdraft protection advances will be 20.74 percentage points.
Wells Fargo reserves the right to change terms, rates (APRs) and fees, at its discretion in accordance with the Consumer Credit Card Customer Agreement and Disclosure Statement ("Agreement") for your account and applicable law.
You may not qualify for the lowest APRs disclosed above. The APRs applicable to your account will be determined by our review of your credit report, information you provide on your application, and other relevant information available to us.
Application of payments
Generally, we will apply your minimum payment first to lower APR balances (such as Purchases) before balances with higher APRs (such as Cash Advances). Payments made in excess of the minimum payment will generally be applied to balances with higher APRs first before balances with lower ones.
If you choose to link your Account to your Wells Fargo Checking account for overdraft protection, please note the following. If you have a joint checking account, you will be responsible for all advances, including interest and charges from your credit card to cover overdrafts regardless of who writes the check, makes the debit card purchase, or engages in any other transaction that causes the overdraft. An Overdraft Protection Advance fee will be charged to your Account, each day an Overdraft Protection advance is made, and interest will accrue from the date each advance is made. See Consumer Credit Card Customer Agreement and Disclosure Statement for details. Please note that you may also be able to link your Wells Fargo Savings account to your Wells Fargo Checking account for overdraft protection. No interest is charged on overdraft protection transfers from your savings account. However, fees do apply. See your Wells Fargo Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule for details.
Important information about procedures for opening a new account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities,
Notice to Ohio residents
The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers, and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.
Notice to married Wisconsin residents
If you are married, by submitting your credit card application you are confirming that this credit card obligation is being incurred in the interest of your marriage and your family. No provision of any marital property agreement (pre-marital agreement), unilateral statement under 766.59 of the Wisconsin Statutes, or a court decree under 766.70 adversely affects the interest of the creditor unless the creditor, prior to the time the credit is granted, is furnished a copy of the agreement, statement or decrees or has actual knowledge of the adverse provision. If the credit card for which you are applying is granted, you will notify the Bank if you have a spouse who needs to receive notification that credit has been extended to you.
This application is for a credit card with Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. You certify that all information provided is true, correct, and complete and that you have the legal capacity to enter into this contract. The Bank is authorized to verify or check any of the information given, to obtain credit reports on you and to make Overdraft Protection advances if you requested that feature. You authorize the Bank to obtain information from others to investigate your credit, employment and income history and state records including state employment security agency records and to report information regarding your account to consumer reporting agencies. You agree that the Bank will determine the amount of credit extended, as well as which product you qualify for, based on the Bank's review criteria. If you do not qualify for the product or pricing requested or for the lowest pricing offered, you authorize the Bank to grant you the product and pricing for which you do qualify. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Agreement, which will be sent to you, and understand that the terms of your account may be changed at any time, subject to applicable law. You hereby stipulate to the terms of the arbitration program described in the Agreement. You understand and agree that you will be liable for payment of all amounts owing on the account. You understand and agree that each person applying will have full and equal access to any credit line extended and each will be individually and jointly liable for payment of all amounts owed even if only one applicant uses the account.
A consumer report from consumer reporting agencies will be obtained in considering this application and for the purposes of any update, renewal, extension of credit, review or collection of the account. Upon request, we will inform you of the name and address of each consumer reporting agency from which we obtain a consumer report relating to you. If you are a married applicant you may apply for credit in your own name.
Please call to confirm receipt of your new card as soon as you receive it. If you do not do so, your requests for certain services such as balance transfers, Overdraft Protection, Wells Fargo Online banking and ATM access may be delayed and you may be denied access to your account.
This information about the cost of the credit card account described in this application is accurate as of November 2015. This information may have changed after that date. To find out what may have changed, call 1-866-568-6521.
Your Account will be eligible to receive credit totaling up to $100 per year for domestic or international airline transactions that constitute Qualifying Charges (the “Airline Benefit”). Your Account is eligible for one Airline Benefit, regardless of the number of Cards or users on the Account. For purposes of this benefit, a year will be measured from the date the account is open (“Account anniversary year”). The benefit will renew on the anniversary date of the Account each subsequent year.
- “Qualifying Charge/s” for purposes of the Airline Benefit, are defined as domestic or international airline transactions (excluding purchases of airline tickets) made with a Card for which the airline has submitted the transaction under the merchant code for American Express in the category of airlines and air carriers. Purchases made at retailers or airlines that do not process transactions using these codes for American Express will not qualify for credits. We do not have the ability to control how a retailer or airline chooses to classify their business and therefore reserve the right to determine which purchases are Qualifying Charges. Returns or credits applied to your Account, such as returned or disputed purchases, may reduce or eliminate credits already earned.
- Statement Credits: Until the yearly Airline Benefit is exhausted, a credit for Qualifying Charges will be applied automatically to your statement for any transaction equal to or less than $100. Please allow 5-20 days after the Qualifying Charges are posted to your Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. You remain responsible for timely payment of all charges on the Account. For Qualifying Charges that exceed $100, credits will not be applied automatically. However, you will have 90 days from the date each Qualifying Charge posts to the statement to request a manual adjustment of any Qualifying Charges not automatically credited. Please call the number on the back of the Card to request that credits be applied if the Qualifying Charge transaction totaled more than $100 or if statement credits have not posted after 20 days from the date of the Qualifying Charge. All Qualifying Charges must be posted to the Account during the Account anniversary year in order to be credited for the benefit. Any unused amount in the Airline Benefit will be forfeited on the day before the Account anniversary date each year or on the date the Account is closed, if the Account is closed before the end of the Account anniversary year. To be eligible for a statement credit, the Account must be open and in good standing at the time the qualifying charges post to the Account.
- Taxability: We will report the Airline Benefit as income to the Internal Revenue Service, state, and local tax authorities if required by applicable law. It is your responsibility to pay any federal, state or local tax liability, or other fees or gratuities, connected with use of this Airline Benefit. If you have any questions about your tax liability, please consult your tax advisor.
- Benefit Changes or Discontinuation: We reserve the right to change or discontinue the Airline Benefit at any time.
Important rewards notice
To qualify for the 40,000 bonus points, a total of at least $3,000 in net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits) must be made within 3 months from the date your account was opened. Cash advances and balance transfers do not apply for purposes of this offer and may impact the credit line available for this offer. ATM transactions, cash advances of any kind, balance transfers, SUPERCHECKSTM, cash equivalents such as money orders and pre-paid gift cards, wire transfers, fees or interest posted to a linked account, including but not limited to returned payment fees, late fees, and monthly or annual fees, do not earn points. These bonus points will appear on your credit card account statement 1-2 billing periods from the date $3,000 in total net purchases post to your account.
Cellular telephone protection
Protection is subject to a $25 deductible per claim and maximum benefit limit of $600 per occurrence. Protection covers eligible cellular telephones billed to your covered Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card, subject to a maximum of two claims per twelve-month period, for each Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card account number. Protection covers the primary line and up to the first three additional lines listed on your provider's monthly statement. Cellular telephones that are stolen or damaged are protected. This benefit does not cover cellular telephones that are lost. This protection is only available when cell phone bills are paid from your Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card. The coverage does not apply if the cell phone bill is paid from a Wells Fargo Debit Card, Wells Fargo Business Credit Card, or from the card that is linked to a Line of Credit. Coverage does not apply for electronic failure or cell phones that are received as part of a pre-paid plan. Cellular telephone protection coverage begins the first day of the calendar month following your first cellular telephone billing on your Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card, and remains in effect when you continue to charge your total monthly cellular telephone bill to your Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card. This protection may not be equivalent to or better than other applicable coverage you may have presently or in the future, such as your homeowner's or automobile insurance policies, or through a plan provided through the seller of the telephone. Read all the coverage benefits and exclusions for this protection by going to wellsfargo.com/cellphone or call 1-800-642-4720, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Summary of the Wells Fargo Rewards® Program terms and conditions and addendum to the Wells Fargo Rewards® Program terms and conditions for the Wells Fargo Propel World American Express® Card
Effective: January 2015
- “You”, “Your”, or “Customer” means, as applicable, each person who is the owner of an Earning Mechanism and a participant in the Wells Fargo Rewards Program (“Program”) through that Earning Mechanism as indicated in our records. “Wells Fargo”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our” shall mean Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. This Program is not available for products, promotions or offers unless specifically allowed.
- The Program may encompass multiple products, or promotions, or offers (collectively and each an
“Earning Mechanism(s)”).Each Earning Mechanism will also have terms and conditions which addresses Rewards Currency earn and forfeiture and may address Program fees, Rewards Currency expiration, and annual earnings maximums (“Addendum(s)”) that will supplement these Program Terms and Conditions. These Program Terms and Conditions and Addendum(s), as well as any additional terms and conditions that are referenced in these Program Terms and Conditions, represent the complete terms of the Program (collectively “Terms”). You also acknowledge that You will be required to consent to certain agreements for online functionality. You agree to these Terms by participating in the Program.
- An Earning Mechanism will earn “Points”, “Cash Rewards” or “Rebates” (collectively and each a “Rewards Currency”). A Wells Fargo Rewards Program account (“Rewards Account”) will be automatically opened for You. A Rewards Account holds, calculates and accumulates Rewards Currency, and will have at least one Earning Mechanism assigned to it unless it is designated as a Pooling Rewards Account. The Rewards Currency earned by a Rebate Earning Mechanism will display as “Cash Rewards” in Your Rewards Account. You can earn Rewards Currency in a variety of ways, including purchases made with an Earning Mechanism at qualifying merchants or in connection with other promotions or offers. Any such promotion(s) or offer(s) may have specific terms and conditions that will be disclosed at the time of the promotion or offer. You can also earn Rewards Currency at the Rewards Account level which means that You have the ability to earn Rewards Currency through the Earn More Mall site or earn Rewards Currency that is not based on any Earning Mechanism activity such as with Rewards Currency transfers or gifts
- You will earn one Point for every $1 spent in Net Purchases (purchases minus returns/credits) made on Your credit card account, rounded to the nearest whole dollar. For purchases made directly with airlines (whose merchant category for American Express is classified in the airlines and air carriers category), You will earn two bonus Points (for a total of three Points) for every $1 spent in Net Purchases made on Your credit card account, rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Charter flights and private jet flights are not considered airlines and air carriers. For purchases made directly with hotels (whose merchant category for American Express is classified in the lodging hotels, motels, and resorts category), You will earn one bonus Point (for a total of two Points) for every $1 spent in Net Purchases made on Your credit card account, rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Timeshares, recreation camps, and campgrounds are not considered lodging hotels, motels, and resorts. You will not earn bonus Points for airfare or hotels purchased as part of a vacation package or if You prepay for Your hotel with a third party. You may not earn bonus Points if You purchase airfare through a third party travel agent or aggregator. Purchases made at retailers that do not process transactions using these categories for American Express will not qualify for bonus Points, i.e., You will only earn one Point on such Net Purchases. Wells Fargo carefully identifies merchant categories that qualify for bonus Points, however, we do not determine how a business is classified. We therefore reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for bonus Points. You will not earn bonus Points for purchases made through a third-party payment account or on an online marketplace (with multiple retailers). You may not earn bonus Points on purchases if the retailer submits the purchase using a mobile or wireless card reader or if You use a mobile or digital wallet. These bonus Points earned at qualifying merchants will appear on Your credit card account statement 1-2 billing periods from the date the transaction occurred. Returns or credits applied to Your credit card account, such as returned or disputed purchases, may reduce or eliminate Points already earned. It may also cause a negative Points balance. Deducted Points will post within 1-2 billing periods.
- If You own a Wells Fargo consumer Checking or Savings account (not including time accounts (CDs) or health savings accounts) (each a “qualifying deposit account”),You will earn a bonus of 10%, 25% or 50% on Points earned on Net Purchases made on Your credit card account as set forth in 5(c) below (each a “Relationship Bonus”).
- You cannot earn a Relationship Bonus on Points that are earned as either bonus Points or as promotional Points.
Your Relationship Bonus percentage will be calculated based upon the type of qualifying deposit account You own. If You own more than one qualifying deposit account, You will earn the most favorable percentage You qualify for at the time the Relationship Bonus is calculated. You cannot earn more than one Relationship Bonus at any time.
- If You own a Wells Fargo consumer Checking or Savings account (not including time accounts (CDs) or health savings accounts), You will earn a 10% Relationship Bonus.
- If You own the primary checking account within a PMA Package, You will earn a 25% Relationship Bonus. If the statement-ending qualifying relationship balance in the PMA Package is $250,000 or more, You will instead earn a 50% Relationship Bonus.
- If You are a customer designated as being in the Wells Fargo Private Bank, You will earn a 50% Relationship Bonus.
A Relationship Bonus is calculated each month based on whether You own a qualifying deposit account at the previous month's end. Calculation is made at the time the credit card account transactions are posted. A Relationship Bonus is calculated monthly and will show on Your Rewards Account as Pending until it is posted. The Relationship Bonus, which will be in the form of rewards Points, will be posted to Your Rewards Account the 13th month after the date Your credit card account was opened and annually on this date thereafter.
Following are two examples of how the Relationship Bonus is calculated:
- If You own a Wells Fargo checking account (earning a 10% Relationship Bonus) at the end of January and You make $1,000 in Net Purchases in February in the following categories: $100 at airlines, $100 at hotels and $800 combined in other categories, You will earn 1,000 non-bonus Points, 100 Relationship Bonus Points, 200 bonus Points for airline purchases, and 100 bonus Points for hotel purchases, giving You a total of 1,400 Points earned for February. The 100 Relationship Bonus Points will remain in Pending status and will post annually while other bonus Points will post monthly.
- If You own the primary checking account within a PMA Package with a qualifying relationship balance of $250,000 or more as of end of January, You will earn a 50% Relationship Bonus on February Net Purchases. If Your qualifying relationship balance drops to below $250,000 as of end of February, You will earn 25% on Your March Net Purchases.
- If You have any questions regarding the type of account or package You own, please contact Your banker or call the number on Your statement.
- Point accrual will begin upon credit card account open date. No Points will be awarded retroactively.
- The following purchases/transactions do not earn Points: monthly or annual rewards Program fees, ATM transactions, cash advances of any kind, balance transfers, SUPERCHECKSTM, cash equivalents such as money orders and store gift cards, or wire transfers. Fees or interest posted to Your credit card account, including but not limited to returned payment fees, late fees, and monthly or annual fees, do not earn Points.
- Amounts currently in dispute and purchases made in violation of law or the terms governing Your credit card account will not earn Points.
- There is no limit to the Points You may earn in any calendar year.
- There is no annual fee for this Program.
- Points associated with this credit card will not expire.
- We reserve the right to alter or change the Terms or to alter, change, suspend or terminate the Program, in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason, which may result in the cancellation of the ability to earn and/or redeem Rewards Currency, the decrease of Rewards Currency value, and/or the forfeiture of Rewards Currency. In addition, We reserve the right to immediately suspend or disqualify You from the Program, in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to, violation of Earning Mechanism terms and conditions or the Terms, or if You or others have, in Our sole determination, misused the Program. Violation of Earning Mechanism terms and conditions or the Terms, or misuse of the Program may result in the cancellation of the ability to earn and/or redeem Rewards Currency, the decrease of Rewards Currency value, and/or the forfeiture of Rewards Currency. If Wells Fargo decides to cancel the Program, You will have three months from the date of the cancellation notification to redeem Your Rewards Currency. Any unredeemed Rewards Currency remaining after the three month period will be forfeited. We will give You advance written notice of material changes to the Terms or the Program. You can find the most current Program Terms and Conditions at MyWellsFargoRewards.com or by calling the Wells Fargo Rewards Service Center at 1-877-517-1358.
- If your credit card account becomes delinquent (You fail to make a required payment when due) the Points associated with Your credit card account will not be available for redemption, transfer or gifting. Any Points that have not yet posted to Your Rewards Account will remain in a “Rewards Pending” status and any posted Points will move to a “Rewards Held” status, until Your credit card returns to current status or is closed. Points that have posted to Your Rewards Account that are associated with other Earning Mechanisms will remain available for redemption, transfer and gifting.
- Points may be redeemed for merchandise, physical and electronic gift cards, travel, cash, and digital rewards. Cash redemption options by phone or online are redeemable in 2500 point increments only and can be done either by automatically applying it to Your Wells Fargo Checking or Savings accounts, or Wells Fargo credit products that are qualified to receive cash redemptions, or by requesting a paper check. Cash redemptions via a withdrawal from a Wells Fargo ATM or a rewards currency redemption to an eligible Wells Fargo account from a Wells Fargo ATM are redeemable in 2000 point increments only.
- For airline ticket redemptions, the number of Points required to be redeemed is equivalent to the ticket costs divided by .01, rounded up to the nearest whole Point.
- There is no per airline ticket processing fee associated with this credit card.
- The Program cannot be removed without the closure of the existing credit card account. If Your credit card is closed for any reason, the Points associated with the credit card will be forfeited on the date of closure. Any Pending Points associated with the credit card will also be forfeited.
- These Terms are only a summary. Other restrictions and requirements apply. The full Wells Fargo Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions and Addendum to the Wells Fargo Rewards®Program Terms and Conditions for the Wells Fargo Propel World American Express® Card will be provided upon enrollment.