Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card® Terms and Conditions
If you meet the qualifications for a Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa Signature® card, you agree that the Bank may consider you for an upgrade from the Home Rebate card to a Home Rebate Visa Signature card. Please note, if you qualify, there is only one exclusive card design available at the issuance of the card.
Interest Rates and Interest Charges
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
0.00% introductory APR for 12 months.
After that your APR will be 12.15% to 25.99%, based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the U.S. Prime Rate.
APR for Balance Transfers
0.00% introductory APR for 12 months.
After that, your APR will be 12.15% to 25.99%, based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the U.S. Prime Rate.
APR for Cash Advances and Overdraft Protection Advances
23.99% to 25.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
This APR will vary with the market based on the U.S. Prime Rate.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases
Your due date is at least 25 days after the close of each billing period. We will not charge you any interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.
Minimum Interest Charge
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $1.00.
For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore.
Introductory fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater, for 12 months. After that, up to 5% for each balance transfer, with a minimum of $5.
Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater, for each SUPERCHECKSTM advance, ATM advance or advance through the Wells Fargo Online® banking program or customer service.
Either $20 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater, for each advance obtained in person at a participating financial institution or other source.
$12.50 if the total of overdraft protection advances for the day is $50 or less;
$20 if the total of overdraft protection advances for the day is greater than $50.
3% of each transaction converted to U.S. dollars.
Up to $35
Up to $35
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "average daily balance (including new purchases)".
Eligibility for Introductory Rate(s), Fees, and Bonus Rewards Offers: If you currently have an open credit card account or a closed credit card account with a balance issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., you may not be eligible for the above introductory APR(s) and fees or the bonus rewards offers described below.
How We Will Calculate Your Variable APRs:
- Unless an introductory or promotional APR is in effect, we will add a “Margin” to the U.S. Prime Rate to determine your standard variable APR. For each billing period we will use the U.S. Prime Rate, or the average of the U.S. Prime Rates if there is more than one, published in the Money Rates column of The Wall Street Journal three business days prior to your billing statement closing date. If the U.S. Prime Rate is not published or is otherwise unavailable, whether temporarily or permanently, we will select a substitute index that we believe, in our sole discretion, to be similar to the U.S. Prime Rate. Currently, the U.S. Prime Rate is 3.25 percentage points.
- The "Margin" for purchases and balance transfers will be 8.90 to 22.74 percentage points, based on your creditworthiness.
- The "Margin" for cash advances and overdraft protection advances will be 20.74 to 22.74 percentage points, based on your creditworthiness.
Wells Fargo reserves the right to change terms, rates (APRs) and fees, at its discretion in accordance with the Consumer Credit Card Customer Agreement and Disclosures Statement ("Agreement") for your account and applicable law.
You may not qualify for the lowest APRs disclosed above. The APRs applicable to your account will be determined by our review of your credit report, information you provide on your application, and other relevant information available to us.
Application of Payments: Generally, we will apply your minimum payment first to lower APR balances (such as Purchases) before balances with higher APRs (such as Cash Advances). Payments made in excess of the minimum payment will generally be applied to balances with higher APRs first before balances with lower ones.
Overdraft Protection: If you choose to link your Account to your checking account for overdraft protection, please note the following. If you have a joint checking account, you will be responsible for all advances, including interest and charges, from your credit card to cover overdrafts regardless of who writes the check, makes a debit card purchase, or engages in any other transaction that causes the overdraft. An overdraft fee will be charged each day an Overdraft Protection Advance is made and interest will accrue from the date each advance is made. See Consumer Credit Card Customer Agreement and Disclosure Statement for details. Please note that you may also be able to link your checking account to your savings account for overdraft protection. No interest is charged on overdraft protection transfers from your savings account. However, fees do apply. See your savings account Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule for details.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, U.S. Federal law requires financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person (individual or business) who opens an account. What this means for you: when you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask for your driver's license or other identifying information.
Notice to Ohio Residents:
The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers, and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.
Notice to Married Wisconsin Residents:
If you are married, by submitting your credit card application you are confirming that this credit card obligation is being incurred in the interest of your marriage and your family. No provision of any marital property agreement (pre-marital agreement), unilateral statement under 766.59 of the Wisconsin Statutes, or a court decree under 766.70 adversely affects the interest of the creditor unless the creditor, prior to the time the credit is granted, is furnished a copy of the agreement, statement or decrees or has actual knowledge of the adverse provision. If the credit card for which you are applying is granted, you will notify the Bank if you have a spouse who needs to receive notification that credit has been extended to you.
This application is for a credit card with Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. You certify that all information provided is true, correct, and complete and that you have the legal capacity to enter into this contract. The Bank is authorized to verify or check any of the information given, to obtain credit reports on you and to make Overdraft Protection advances if you requested that feature. You authorize the Bank to obtain information from others to investigate your credit, employment and income history and state records including state employment security agency records and to report information regarding your account to consumer reporting agencies. You agree that the Bank will determine the amount of credit extended, as well as which product you qualify for, based on the Bank's review criteria. If you do not qualify for the product or pricing requested or for the lowest pricing offered, you authorize the Bank to grant you the product and pricing for which you do qualify. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Agreement, which will be sent to you, and understand that the terms of your account may be changed at any time, subject to applicable law. You hereby stipulate to the terms of the arbitration program described in the Agreement. You understand and agree that you will be liable for payment of all amounts owing on the account. You understand and agree that each person applying will have full and equal access to any credit line extended and each will be individually and jointly liable for payment of all amounts owed even if only one applicant uses the account.
A consumer report from consumer reporting agencies will be obtained in considering this application and for the purposes of any update, renewal, extension of credit, review or collection of the account. Upon request, we will inform you of the name and address of each consumer reporting agency from which we obtain a consumer report relating to you. If you are a married applicant you may apply for credit in your own name.
Important Notice: Please call to confirm receipt of your new card as soon as you receive it. If you do not do so, your requests for certain services such as balance transfers, Overdraft Protection, Wells Fargo Online banking and ATM access may be delayed and you may be denied access to your account.
This information about the cost of the credit card account described in this disclosure is accurate as of February 2014. This information may have changed after that date. To find out what may have changed, call 1-800-642-4720.
Important 5% Home Rebate Notice:
Cardholders will earn a one percent (1%) rebate for every $1 spent in net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits) made on the Credit Card account, rounded to the nearest one cent. During the first 6 months from the date the account is opened, for purchases made at retailers whose merchant code for Visa is classified in one of the following categories: grocery stores, drugstores and gas stations, Cardholders will earn an additional four percent (4%) rebate for every $1 spent in net purchases made on the Credit Card account, rounded to the nearest one cent. These additional rebates earned during the first 6 months at the select merchants will appear on the Cardholder’s account statement 1-2 billing periods from the date earned.
Negative rebates will post within 1-2 billing periods on Your account statement if returns or credits exceed purchases. Certain purchases/transactions do not earn rebates. Rebates earned and redeemed will appear as "cash rewards." Please see the accompanying Wells Fargo Home Rebate Program for Credit Card Summary of Rules and Terms for details.
Summary of the Wells Fargo Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions and Addendum to the Wells Fargo Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions for the Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card®
Effective: September 2013
- “You”, “Your”, or “Customer” means, as applicable, each person who is the owner of an Earning Mechanism and a participant in the Wells Fargo Rewards Program (“Program”) through that Earning Mechanism as indicated in our records. “Wells Fargo”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our” shall mean Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. This Program is not available for product(s), promotion(s) or offer(s) unless specifically allowed.
- The Program may encompass multiple product(s), or promotion(s), or offer(s) (collectively and each an “Earning Mechanism(s)”). Each Earning Mechanism will also have terms and conditions which may address Program fees, Rewards Currency expiration, annual earnings maximums and Program cancellation (“Addendum(s)”) that will supplement these Program Terms and Conditions. These Program Terms and Conditions and Addendum(s), as well as any additional terms and conditions that are referenced in these Program Terms and Conditions, represent the complete terms of the Program (collectively “Terms”). You also acknowledge that You will be required to consent to certain agreements for online functionality. You agree to these Terms by using the Program.
- An Earning Mechanism will earn “Points”, “Cash Rewards” or “Rebates” (collectively and each a “Rewards Currency”). A Wells Fargo Rewards Program account (“Rewards Account”) will be automatically opened for You. A Rewards Account holds, calculates and accumulates Rewards Currency, and will have at least one Earning Mechanism assigned to it. A Rebate Earning Mechanism will display as “Cash Rewards” in Your Rewards Account. You can earn Rewards Currency in a variety of ways, including purchases made with an Earning Mechanism at qualifying merchants or in connection with other promotions or offers. Any such promotion(s) or offer(s) may have specific terms and conditions that will be disclosed at the time of the promotion or offer.
- You will earn a one percent (1%) Rebate for every one dollar ($1) in net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits) charged to Your credit card account, rounded to the nearest one cent ($.01). Returns or credits applied to Your credit card account, such as returned or disputed purchases, may reduce or eliminate Rebates already earned. It may also cause a negative Rebate balance. Deducted Rebates will post within 1 - 2 billing periods.
- Rebate accrual will begin upon Program enrollment date. No Rebates will be awarded retroactively.
- The following purchases/transactions do not earn Rebates: monthly or annual rewards Program fees, ATM transactions, cash advances of any kind, balance transfers, SUPERCHECKSTM, casino gaming chips, wire transfers, off-track wagers, lottery tickets, or bets or wagers transmitted over the Internet. Fees or interest posted to Your credit card account, including but not limited to, returned payment fees, late fees, and monthly or annual fees, do not earn Rebates.
- Amounts currently in dispute and purchases made in violation of law or the terms governing Your credit card account will not earn a Rebate.
- There is no limit to the Rebates You may earn in any calendar year.
- There is no annual fee for this Program.
- Rebates will not expire on this Program.
- Changes to the Terms or Program: Wells Fargo reserves the right to amend, cancel, or temporarily suspend the Program or Your participation in the Program, in whole or in part, or change any of the Terms, at any time for any reason, including without limitation, suspected fraud, abuse of Program privileges or violation of the Terms, as determined in Our sole discretion, which may result in the decrease of redemption value, the cancellation of the ability to earn and/or redeem Rewards Currency, and/or forfeiture of Rewards Currency. We will give You advance written notice of material changes. You can find the most current Program Terms and Conditions at MyWellsFargoRewards.com or by calling the Wells Fargo Rewards Service Center at 1-877-517-1358.
- If Your credit card account is cancelled or closed for any reason, the related Rewards Currency will be forfeited on the date of cancellation or closure.
- If Your credit card account is closed, becomes delinquent or in default, You will not continue to earn Rebates and the Rebates associated with Your credit card account will not be available for redemption, transfer or gifting. Both posted and pending Rebates may also be forfeited depending upon Your credit card account status. Rebates that have posted to Your Rewards Account that are associated with other Earning Mechanisms will remain available for redemption, transfer and gifting.
- Rebates can only be redeemed in $25.00 increments.
- For automatic cash redemption options, Wells Fargo will review Your Rewards Account to determine Rebates earned. When You have earned $25.00 in Rebates, a payment will be forwarded to Wells Fargo Home Mortgage (WFHM) to be applied to the principal balance on the eligible WFHM loan specified at credit card account opening.
- If the Rebate cannot be applied to the designated WFHM loan, We will notify You, and Your Rebate will remain in Your Rewards Account. Your automatic redemption option will also default to a manual redemption option until You direct otherwise.
- In the event the Rebate pays off Your WFHM loan, any excess funds will be placed in an escrow account and returned to You.
- You can cancel participation of Your credit card in the Program at any time by calling Us at the number listed on the back of Your credit card. Your credit card Program cancellation does not cancel Your credit card account, or change the terms and conditions of Your credit card account. If You cancel participation of Your credit card in the Program, Rebates related to this credit card will be forfeited.
- These terms are only a summary. Other restrictions and requirements apply. The full Wells Fargo Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions and Addendum to the Wells Fargo Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions for the Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card® will be provided upon enrollment.