Wells Fargo Credit Defense Platinum Service
Don’t let unexpected events impact your ability to make your monthly Wells Fargo Credit Card payment. With this optional service, you (and any joint cardholder) may be eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Monthly recurring benefits. Get a fixed Benefit Payment for up to 12 months if you experience involuntary unemployment, disability, or an overnight hospitalization.
- One-time benefits. Get a one-time Benefit Payment in the event of auto or pet expenses (of $250 or more), or when you move to a new address.
- Loss of life benefits. In the event of loss of life, the credit card balance as of the statement immediately following the date of death will be credited to your account.
How to enroll
Simply choose the Credit Defense Platinum service when you apply for your credit card. The monthly fee is 39 cents per $100 of your ending monthly balance noted on your account statement. For example, in a month when your ending balance is $500, your cost for this protection is $1.95.
Important: Please carefully read the Credit Defense Platinum Service Guide for a full explanation of the service terms as there are eligibility requirements, conditions and exclusions that may impact your ability to receive benefits. If you are currently disabled or unemployed, you will not be eligible for disability or unemployment benefits at this time.
How to request benefits
- Getting started is easy. Simply call 1-800-564-8280, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
- You may be asked to submit proof of the event before we can approve your benefits.
- You can continue using your credit card while you receive benefits. However, any new charges incurred will be your responsibility.
To cancel your service
Please call 1-800-564-8280, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
Protect your ability to pay your Wells Fargo Credit Card account — select the optional Credit Defense Platinum service when you apply.