Please note, the following information is for customers already enrolled in the Wells Fargo Credit Defense Platinum service. Enrollment in this service is only available when you apply for a Wells Fargo Credit Card with a banker at a Wells Fargo banking location.
Don’t let unexpected events impact your ability to make your monthly Wells Fargo Credit Card payment. With this optional service, you (and the joint cardholder) may be eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Monthly recurring benefits. Get a fixed Benefit Payment for up to 12 months (subject to eligibility*) if you experience involuntary unemployment, disability, or were admitted for an overnight hospitalization; get a fixed Benefit Payment for up to 3 months (subject to eligibility*) if you experience a family leave of absence.
- One-time benefits. Get a one-time Benefit Payment in the event of auto or pet expenses (of $250 or more) using any form of payment, or when you move to a new address. Note, these benefits do not reimburse you for the total expense amount.
- Loss of life benefits. In the event of loss of life, the credit card balance as of the statement immediately following the date of death will be credited to your account.
The monthly fee is 39 cents per $100 of your ending monthly balance noted on your account statement. For example, in a month when your ending balance is $500, your cost for this protection is $1.95.
*Important: Please carefully read the Credit Defense Platinum Service Guide for a full explanation of the service terms as there are eligibility requirements, conditions and exclusions that may impact your ability to receive benefits. To qualify for a benefit, the protected event must have occurred after your date of enrollment in the service. Effective August 15, 2017 you will need to notify us within 24 months of the date the protected event occurred to have your benefit request considered for eligibility.
How to request benefits
- Getting started is easy. Simply call 1-800-564-8280, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
- You may be asked to submit proof of the event before we can approve your benefits.
- You can continue using your credit card while you receive benefits. However, any new charges incurred will be your responsibility.
To cancel your service
Please call 1-800-564-8280, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
View or print a sample of the current Wells Fargo Credit Defense Platinum Service Guide