A good credit history can help give you more financial freedom and choices down the road — and possibly help lower your interest rates on future purchases like a car or home loan.
- Learn more about establishing good credit and how it can help you achieve your financial goals, visit wellsfargo.com/pathtocredit.
- Buy the things you need for college with our low intro APR rate.
- Enjoy $0 Annual Fee
- Receive 3% cash rewards on gas, grocery, and drugstore net purchases for 6 months, 1% cash rewards on virtually all other net purchases everyday.
With a Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card, you will have many tools to help you manage your account and keep your credit strong including:
- Sort your monthly expenses against your budget with My Spending Report and Budget Watch through My Money Map.
- Free access to online credit education courses and tips to help you manage credit wisely.
How to earn and redeem your cash rewards
Earn 1% cash rewards on net purchases.
- Earn 3% cash rewards on gas, grocery, and drugstore net purchases for 6 months and 1% cash back on virtually all other net purchases.
- Redeem your cash rewards your way. Cash rewards are redeemed in $25 increments, and you can choose to have them automatically deposited into your savings or checking account. You may also choose to apply them as a credit to a qualifying Wells Fargo credit product. If you prefer, you can request a paper check. You can even elect to redeem your rewards for travel and more; sign on to mywellsfargorewards.com to see all the options.
Boost your earning potential and find great deals at your favorite local and national stores at our Earn More Mall site. With more than 3,000 popular in-store and online retailers, it’s never been easier to earn a little extra. Earn additional cash, when you shop the Earn More Mall site.
This card works with a college student's budget, an introductory APR as low as 0% for 6 months on purchases, then depending on your credit qualification, an APR from 11.15% – 21.15%. (These APRs do not apply to cash advances.) See the full terms and conditions.
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on balance transfers
0% introductory APR for 6 months on balance transfers, then 11.15% to 21.15% variable APR. Balance transfer fees apply. See the full terms and conditions
To qualify for the Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa® Card, students must be the age of majority/emancipation in the state of residence, show proof of enrollment in an accredited college, university, or trade school, and meet other credit qualifications. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to individually repay their debt. Applicants who do not meet this criteria will be required to obtain a co-applicant with an ability to repay the debt. Students with an income of more than $12,000 a year may want to apply for the Wells Fargo Platinum Credit Card instead.
For Visa® customers. Get fast text and email alerts for monitoring spending, tracking purchases, and receiving notifications of irregular or suspicious activity.
All Wells Fargo Credit Cards automatically protect you from liability for unauthorized transactions when you report them promptly.
You may link your credit card to your checking account to help avoid overdrafts.
A Wells Fargo credit card with chip technology offers broader acceptance internationally and better protection against counterfeit fraud wherever this technology is the standard.
Protect your Wells Fargo Visa card with a unique password for online shopping.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Emergency card replacement
- Roadside dispatch
- Travel and emergency assistance services
Download the Visa Guide to Benefits (PDF)* to learn more.
Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card questions
What should I expect after I apply online?
Upon submitting the online application, you will receive the status of your application on the confirmation page and we will send you a confirmation email.
If we are able to provide you an approval, the confirmation page and email will also display your credit limit.
If we need more time to review your application, you will receive an application ID and a phone number that you can call to check your application status.
How do I find my cash rewards balance for my Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card?
You can check your current cash rewards balance many ways:
- Sign on to Wells Fargo Online® or Wells Fargo Mobile Banking and select your credit card account to review your cash rewards summary.
- Check your most recent statement. You'll find your cash rewards balance in the Program Summary section of your statement.
- View your cash rewards balance at any Wells Fargo ATM.
How do I use my credit card for Overdraft Protection?
You must have a Wells Fargo checking account and a Wells Fargo Credit Card to use this optional service.
If you don't have a Wells Fargo Credit Card:
- Apply for a credit card and check the Overdraft Protection box on the application. Subject to credit qualification.
- If you also need a Wells Fargo checking account, please apply at a Wells Fargo location.
If you already have a Wells Fargo Credit Card, but you do not have a Wells Fargo checking account:
- Apply for a checking account and select the Overdraft Protection box on the application. Subject to credit qualification.
- If you already have a Wells Fargo checking account, call 1-800-642-4720 to enroll.