Fund administration, operations, and regulatory services across strategies, structures and time zones
Wells Fargo Global Fund Services offers comprehensive fund administration, middle and back office operations, and regulatory reporting services for hedge funds, private equity funds, and investors worldwide. We operate from seven strategic locations globally where we service clients throughout the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
We recognize the value of a relationship and, through our partner-driven model, provide high-touch customer service and customized solutions from post-trade operations support through investor reporting. Whether launching a new fund or converting from another administrator, we partner with managers to reduce their operational burden by offering the attention of a boutique service along with the strength and name recognition of one of the largest financial institutions in the world.
Our services include:
- Hedge fund administration for single-manager funds investing in a variety of asset types, including bank loans, credit, commodities, currencies, distressed debt, equities, mortgages, and rates – covering major and frontier markets
- Private equity administration for committed-capital funds investing in agriculture, bank debt, commercial debt (mezzanine, A and B notes), direct lending, distressed debt, energy, infrastructure, leveraged buyouts, mortgages (commercial and residential), mining and metals, real estate, secondaries, and venture capital
- Specialized services for family offices, endowments and foundations, pension funds, and other investors
- Middle and back office services with full post-trade support including confirmation, settlement, break-resolution, and asset servicing for all trading activity
- Cash and collateral management operations services for over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives and repo trading
- OTC derivatives operations covering the full transaction lifecycle and asset servicing using industry standards such as Markit Trade Manager and TriOptima
- Bank debt operations with full support for LSTA, LMA, non-performing, and structured debt
- Mortgage fund services including loan-level analytics, master servicing, and other services for funds trading whole-loan residential and commercial mortgages
One platform, three powerful views
Our market leading web-based operational management system, Fund View, was uniquely developed to enable COOs, CFOs CCOs, investor relations professionals and other designated users. It allows them to monitor and analyze their operational activities, measure and mitigate their operational risk, and maintain and access their fund and investor information on a real time intraday basis. Fund View also provides critical information that can be leveraged by fund directors, operational due diligence analysts, auditors, and other related parties.
Investors in funds serviced by Wells Fargo Global Fund Services can be granted access to our online investor portal, which lets you pull statements, fund documents, and transparency reporting easily.
Throughout out the year, we regularly host events around the globe. Below is an overview of the upcoming events, summits, and training courses we provide.
Our London office hosts a Masterclass series to address key areas in fund administration, including:
- Masterclass I: Structuring performance fee – series, equalization, or partnership accounting
This class provides an overview of the main methods and how they can be structured to ensure investors are charged an equitable share of the performance fee and to align the interests of investors to the investment manager.
- Masterclass II: Complex performance fee accounting – side pockets, designated investments, and hybrid and Private Equity (PE) structures
This class looks at side pockets and designated investments to segregate income streams and investor performance fees. (Targeted at Masterclass I attendees or industry professionals with a basic understanding of the main performance fee methods.)
- Hedge fund operations Masterclass: Optimizing trade operations
This class provides a review and discussion on operational risk and what constitutes operational best practices for hedge fund managers across: trade confirmations, settlements, reconciliations, asset servicing, cash and collateral management, and operations management reporting in a multiasset class environment.
Training class schedule:
- Jan. 20, 2016: Hedge fund operations Masterclass: Operational optimization in 2016
- Feb. 11, 2016: Masterclass I
- March 2, 2016: Masterclass II
- March 17, 2016: Masterclass I
- March 30, 2016: Masterclass II
- April 19, 2016: Masterclass I
- May 26, 2016: Masterclass II
- June 2, 2016: Masterclass I
- June 22, 2016: Masterclass II
We host industry summits around the globe throughout the year featuring industry experts, investors, peers, and Wells Fargo Securities professionals discussing topics specifically that affect private equity funds, real estate funds, and hedge funds. In 2016, we will host summits in New York, Boston, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
AIMA training sessions
As an AIMA Global Partner, we regularly host training sessions and events.
AIMA events schedule:
- Feb. 9, 2016: AIMA guide to sound practices for operational risk launch (New York)
- Feb. 16, 2016: AIMA guide to sound practices for operational risk launch (London)
Regulatory educational events
Throughout the year, we host regional events to discuss in-country regulatory requirements. In 2016, we will host events in Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Feb. 24, 2016: PricingDirect Inc. Conference (London)
Email Claire Murphy at email@example.com for more information on any of the above events.
We continually add events throughout the year, please check back for updates.