Our team delivers high-quality execution and clearing of futures and options and clearing of over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives to institutional customers globally.
As a registered futures commission merchant (FCM), our business is set apart from most bank-owned FCMs by operating as a customer facilitation business. Our customer base is largely comprised of commercial banking relationships and not solely based on a prime services model. This direction results in a more diversified, higher-quality customer base spanning the spectrum of institutional users, thus improving the overall risk profile of our asset pool. We provide:
- 'High-touch' voice brokerage
- Direct market access for self execution
- Customized full-service clearing services
- Single point of contact for OTC and listed futures expertise
By providing direct clearing services with major exchanges and central clearing houses, we are able to deliver full support for your trading activities.
We can also meet your derivatives trading needs and provide operational, financial, and risk management expertise. In addition, we provide a single point of contact and collateral optimization options to help you efficiently manage your collateral.
Over-the-counter derivatives clearing
Central clearing services
Our automated workflow optimizes your efficiency with its ability to process scale and volume. Interest rate swaps are cleared on CME and LCH.
Web-based customer portal
Derivatives Access, our web-based portal for credit, risk, and treasury management, provides a centralized hub for:
- "What if" trade simulation and margin calculations
- Early margin estimation
- Real-time position limit monitoring and alerts
- Standard and customized reports
- Three-way proprietary reconciliation tool
Electronic trade execution of derivatives on a variety of global exchanges, including:
- Food & Agriculture
- Equity Index
- Interest Rates
Extensive market access
We provide you access to an extensive network of more than 45 exchanges worldwide and remain your direct counterparty.1
With institutional execution desks in Charlotte, Chicago, and Los Angeles, we can execute 24 hours a day across all asset classes, provide direct access to trading floors, and specialize in multi-exchange, multi-asset class execution.
- Trading Technologies: Get direct market access through Trading Technologies (TT) X Trader for real-time trading across multiple markets, all from one fully customizable screen.
- Bloomberg: We also provide quick trade execution through Bloomberg EMSX.
- Fidessa Futures & Options Platform
- FIX connectivity
Our continually growing platform includes the following anticipated 2014 electronic trading implementation additions: CQG and Redi.
Why Wells Fargo?
- Highest market capitalization of any bank in the world2
- One of the highest credit ratings (AA-) for an FCM3
- "Best Bank" in the 2013 Global Awards for Excellence4
- #1 Ranked Bank Brand in North America5
What sets us apart
We can help you manage exposure and gain operational efficiency through:
- Trade lifecycle based reporting
- Reconciliation capabilities
- Customizable real-time market analytics (for some products)
We offer several services tailored to your needs.
Superior customer service
- A single point of contact for both OTC and listed futures expertise
- Centralized and streamlined customer support operations based in the U.S.
- Experienced in trade processing, deliveries, and option exercise and assignment
Wells Fargo & Co.:
- Is one of the oldest, continuously operating financial institutions in the world
- Was profitable every year throughout the financial crisis
- Continues to grow organically without overextending itself
- Wells Fargo Securities AA- Fitch rating3
- Commercial bank base with strong balance sheet and low cost of funding
- Risk management is independent from FCM
Experienced front office staff
- Execution sales team members average more than 20 years' experience
- Knowledgeable clearing sales team dedicated to market specific needs such as food and agriculture, energy, and financials
1 Access to global exchanges are either through Wells Fargo Securities' direct memberships or 3rd party carrying brokers.
2 Market Cap as of 7/31/13. Source: 2007-2013 © Commercial Banks of the World. Banks Daily.com. Banking News & Directory. 03/2013.
3 Represents Fitch rating for Wells Fargo & Company.
4 Euromoney magazine, July 2013.
5 Brand Finance Banking 500 report 2012. MC-6154 (7/13)
Wells Fargo Securities is the trade name for the capital markets and investment banking services of Wells Fargo & Company and its subsidiaries, including Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, a member of NYSE, FINRA, NFA and SIPC, Wells Fargo Institutional Securities, LLC, a member of FINRA and SIPC, Wells Fargo Prime Services, LLC, a member of FINRA, NFA and SIPC and Wells Fargo Bank, National Association. Wells Fargo Securities, LLC carries and provides clearing services for Wells Fargo Institutional Securities, LLC customer accounts.
Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, Wells Fargo Institutional Securities, LLC, and Wells Fargo Prime Services, LLC are distinct entities from affiliated banks and thrifts. The risk of transacting in futures, options, and swaps can be substantial. Futures, options, and swaps involve risk and are not suitable for everyone.