Support the value of your equity positions
Wells Fargo offers strategies and tools to help you manage equity exposure across all major equity indices, stocks, and ETFs. With the financial strength of Wells Fargo, along with our extensive structuring and trading capabilities, we can help you execute equity risk management strategies efficiently.
We can tailor the following equity risk management services to help you achieve your business objectives:
- Variable forward sale
- Equity collar
- Equity collar and loan
- Protective put options
- Sale of covered call option
- Private sale of restricted stock
- Total return swaps
- Accelerated share repurchases
Objectives for managing equity risk
Just as equity prices can move in your favor, they can also turn against you. Whether you have equity exposure on the asset or liability side of your balance sheet, the objectives for managing equity risks are the same. In both circumstances, you can minimize the impact that a change in prices can have on your financial stability.
We can help you minimize the impact of volatile equity markets. Our specialists work with you to determine the right strategies that can help:
- Protect equity value
- Enhance equity returns
- Extract liquidity or monetize a position
- Increase borrowing capacity
- Accelerate share repurchases
- Hedge equity-linked liabilities
- Manage issuance of convertible bonds
Why choose Wells Fargo
- Competitive pricing and liquidity
- One of the highest credit ratings in the financial services industry
- Innovative hedging strategies and market insights
- Collaborative approach to executing your hedging strategies
- Broad, diverse team specializing in equity and financial markets
- Extensive trading and structuring capabilities
Equity risk management strategies and services are provided through Wells Fargo Securities.
For specific strategies for your business, contact a Wells Fargo risk management specialist, or contact Wells Fargo Securities.
Wells Fargo Securities is the trade name for the capital markets and investment banking services of Wells Fargo & Company and its subsidiaries, including Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, a member of NYSE, FINRA, NFA and SIPC, Wells Fargo Prime Services, LLC, a member of FINRA, NFA and SIPC and Wells Fargo Bank, National Association. Wells Fargo Securities, LLC and Wells Fargo Prime Services, LLC are distinct entities from affiliated banks and thrifts.