HSA Employer Customer Service1-866-988-2006
Our hands-on account transfer specialists can work with your previous HSA administrator to speed account migration, assist with funds movement, and advocate for you when changing providers. Using the HSA rollover/transfer request form (PDF)*, there are three ways we can help you and your employees smoothly transition HSAs to Wells Fargo:
- Group HSA transfer. We can help initiate a bulk transfer of your employee's HSAs from another financial institution.1
- Individual HSA transfer. In an HSA transfer, the previous HSA administrator sends Wells Fargo a check for deposit in the accountholder's HSA.
- Individual HSA rollover. The previous HSA provider sends the accountholder a check payable to the accountholder. In this situation, the accountholder deposits the funds into his or her own checking account, then mails a personal check in the amount of the rollover to Wells Fargo.2
A Wells Fargo HSA program offers you and your employees many benefits:
- Dedicated HSA program setup and support
- Consolidation of employees' HSA funds available into a single account
- Easier tracking of contributions, earnings, and distributions
- Simpler tax reporting and filing3
- HSA access at more than 6,200 stores, 12,000 ATMs, and online
Our HSA administrative tools make contribution and enrollment efficient for employers, and our dedicated sales and support teams ensure you get the responsive service you need.
Start the transfer process today
Contact an HSA specialist at 1-877-842-5785, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Central Time.
1 Certain restrictions may apply. Signed HSA Rollover/Transfer Request Form with accountholder consent required.
2 To avoid possible tax consequences, rollover funds must be deposited within 60 days of the funds distribution. Tax rules surrounding rollovers are complex. Consult a tax advisor for more information.
All tax references are at the federal level. State taxes vary. Please consult with your tax advisor.
* You need Adobe® Reader® to read PDF files. Download Adobe Reader for free.