The concussion accident medical insurance policy includes:
- Medical maximum (per injury): $25,000
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) maximum (per injury): $1,000
- AD&D aggregate limit: $5,000
- Co-insurance: 100 percent of allowance per schedule of benefits
- Benefit period: 52 weeks
- Deductible: $0
- Post-injury neurocognitive testing
- Health and behavior intervention
- Outpatient (office) physician visits and consultations
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), brain and spinal canal
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Needle electromyography
- Nerve conduction studies
This excess insurance plan is in addition to any other medical or dental insurance the covered person may have. No benefit is payable for any covered expense incurred that is paid or payable by any other valid and collectible insurance. Covered expenses do not include any amount not covered by the primary carrier due to penalties for failure to comply with policy provisions or requirements.
This is a limited benefit plan that does not cover emergency services, ambulance services, or surgical procedures. This excess insurance plan is designed to cover the diagnosis and management of concussion. This is only a brief description of the insurance policy. Please refer to the policy for full details of benefits and exclusions and limitations.
To learn more about our Play It Safe Concussion Care program, or how your school or sports organization can enroll, please contact Mike Lamb at 1-888-857-9504 or PlayItSafe@wellsfargo.com.
* You need Adobe® Reader® to read PDF files. Download Adobe Reader for free.