The Play It Safe Concussion CareSM program is a new approach to concussion management for schools and youth programs whose athletes risk sports-related concussion injuries. For a minimal amount per player, the Play It Safe Concussion Care program provides concussion testing and insurance coverage to facilitate your athletes' safe return to play.
The program combines:
- State-of-the-art neurocognitive testing. Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing (ImPACT) is sophisticated software administered pre-season for a baseline test and again post-injury for comparison. The program evaluates multiple aspects of brain function, including memory, processing speed, reaction time, and post-concussive symptoms.
- Access to medical providers. When athletes appear to have sustained concussions, they receive clinical assessment and specialty care from medical professionals trained to evaluate and manage concussions.
- Excess Insurance coverage. The concussion accident medical insurance policy includes no deductible, no co-pays, and up to $25,000 per injury.
- Injury education and awareness. We work with your school or organization to promote concussion awareness and education amongst coaches, players, and parents.
- Collaboration with the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA). Athletic trainers are able to get certified to administer the ImPACT test.
Watch YouTube video
Watch this short video about Play it Safe (YouTube) to learn more about the history of the program and how Play It Safe is already making a difference for some student athletes.
To learn more about our Play It Safe Concussion Care program, or how your school or sports organization can enroll, please contact Mike Lamb at 1-888-857-9504 or PlayItSafe@wellsfargo.com.
* You need Adobe® Reader® to read PDF files. Download Adobe Reader for free.
Insurance products are offered through non-bank insurance agency affiliates of Wells Fargo & Company and are underwritten by unaffiliated insurance companies