We work with businesses around the world that manufacture, market, and develop clean technology products and services. Our customers include businesses that specialize in:
- Electric and low-emission Vehicles
- Energy production, including solar, wind, and biomass
- Smart grid applications
- Water efficiency
We help our customers achieve their long-term financial goals by providing a full suite of banking services combined with in-depth industry knowledge. Our products and services include:
- Traditional commercial bank services (lending, treasury management, foreign exchange, letters of credit, interest rate hedging, trade financing)
- Renewable project installation financing
- Other industry-specific financing
Our team of 13 banking professionals has deep cleantech industry experience gained across a multitude of financial firms. We are active industry participants, and are sponsors of several cleantech-focused initiatives, including the Innovation Incubator, a $10 million environmental grant program for clean technology startups.
Since 2007, Wells Fargo has provided more than $27 billion in financing towards a $30 billion target in environmentally sustainable businesses by 2020, including:
- $4 billion in solar and wind project investments
- $9 billion to support LEED-certified and other green buildings
- Other loans and investments for environmentally beneficial business opportunities
We also offer investment and insurance services for cleantech businesses.