Working with you
At Wells Fargo, we're committed to the success of your healthcare company. We take the time to understand your business needs and goals and focus on building strong, long-term relationships so that we can support your business now and for years to come.
We work with healthcare companies across a span of sectors, from medical manufacturers to insurers, and many provider types including:
- Hospitals and hospital-affiliated clinics
- Physician practices
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Assisted-living facilities
- Private nonprofits
- Imaging and dialysis centers
- Staffing companies
Comprehensive relationship management
Your healthcare relationship team brings creative ideas, insights, and strategies to help your business grow, run more efficiently, and reduce expenses and risk. We connect you to industry-specific specialists across Wells Fargo who can help you with lending, treasury services, including Wells Fargo Bank, NA deposits; corporate trust and custody services; retirement services; and a variety of other traditional banking products.
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
Wells Fargo has a dedicated HSA program line of business. With more than 10 years' experience and many large hospital systems as clients, we partner with your Employee Benefits team to deliver HSAs that maximize cost savings for employers and employees. Transition your existing HSA program or learn about starting a new one with Wells Fargo. Our HSA program works with any insurance carrier’s HSA-qualified health plan.
Do you need a meaningful, cost-effective employee benefits program to help you attract and retain the best talent? We can help.
Retirement and trust
We can help you ensure your retirement plan is positioned for long-term success with strategies tailored to your organization’s and employee needs. We can also safeguard your assets and provide peace of mind with our trust and custody services. We help 369 healthcare organizations manage over $10 billion in retirement plan assets and 318 healthcare organizations with $36.5 billion in custody assets.
Our customized loans, leases, lines of credit, and tax-exempt financing options can help you purchase the equipment, tenant improvements, and technology that are critical to your ability to remain competitive without sacrificing your cash flow or bottom line. Whether you are planning for a complex expansion, upgrading your equipment, or implementing a new EHR system, we can help.
We provide investment banking and capital markets services for mergers and acquisitions, debt capital markets, equity capital markets, loan syndications, and private placements. Our team of more than 25 healthcare investment bankers has expertise across healthcare services, biotechnology, specialty pharmaceuticals, and medical products.
Real estate financing
We offer financing for the construction, substantial rehabilitation, acquisition, and refinancing of properties built to meet the housing needs of seniors, which include age-restricted, skilled nursing, independent living, assisted living, assisted living with Alzheimer’s, and stand-alone memory care facilities.
Secured and unsecured financing
Access working capital, fund capital expenditures, and more with the secured and unsecured financing options available through Wells Fargo. Our industry-focused teams have products and services for all types of healthcare companies: regional and national, public and private, for-profit and not-for-profit. We provide agented and syndicated financing, including revolving lines of credit and term loans that support your business objectives in a dynamic market.
Through Wells Fargo Capital Finance, we also provide asset-based financing and accounts receivable financing to companies that support the healthcare industry, such as healthcare staffing companies, healthcare IT providers, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, and more.
Through Wells Fargo Insurance’s Healthcare Industry Segment, we help hospitals, physician groups, research facilities, ambulatory services, senior living facilities, home health care, and hospice organizations meet their insurance needs. From medical malpractice to equipment maintenance programs, we offer strategies to help reduce your total cost of risk.
Does your hospital, clinic, or practice spend too much time and money working to collect payments from patients and insurance companies? We can help you automate your payment collection process and improve total payment collection, so you can have more time to focus on patient care.
- Our Claims Payment Solution is a comprehensive, paperless accounting system that lets you manage all your third-party claims payments and remittances.
Claims Payment Solution
Our Claims Payment Solution is a comprehensive, paperless accounting system that lets you manage all your third-party claims payments and remittances. Benefits include:
- Improved data quality. No matter how payers generate Explanations of Benefits (EOB), our system aggregates and standardizes all your remittances. You can import the HIPAA-formatted, ANSI 835-compliant data file, which includes line-item data, directly into your accounting system.
- Accelerated revenue recognition. The system works in conjunction with your medical lockbox to reduce mail float for checks, lengthen your deposit window, get funds into your account faster, and create an electronic file of necessary claim payment information.
- Consolidated electronic remittance files. Handling multiple electronic files from dozens of payers can put unnecessary strain on staff, systems, and working capital. Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) functionality simplifies your processes by seamlessly aggregating all your electronic remittances—including service line data—into a single file.
- Fewer exceptions. All payments with reason adjustment codes are verified in the system. You can even elect to translate payer codes on paper EOBs so that they conform to your institution’s coding structure.
- Improved reconciliation. Sometimes there will be payments and remittances that the system’s reconciliation standards are unable to match. Your staff can review and assign these items in one batch, without disrupting critical patient accounting cycles.
- Enhanced customer service. To help you do research and answer customer questions quickly, you can review indexed digital images of checks and original EOBs.
- Our Patient Payment Solution is a Web-based tool that streamlines payment collection and reporting.
Patient Payment Solution
Wells Fargo’s Patient Payment Solution is a Web-based tool that streamlines payment collection and reporting. Features include:
- Front and back office payments. Process credit card, debit card, check, or ACH payments made by phone or by mail. Allow patients to pay online using their credit cards or checking accounts. And offer patients the convenience of payment plans to help them better manage their medical expenses.
- Eligibility verification. Avoid denied insurance claims. Find out at the point of care if your patients are covered, and the terms of their coverage, by using batch or real-time requests.
- Payment estimation. Let patients know their estimated payment responsibilities, based on their insurance benefits and the healthcare services you are providing.
- Real-time reporting. Get real-time payment reports by patient, location, payment date, and more.
- Simplified payment posting. Patient payments automatically post to your patient accounting system.
- Simple implementation. This HIPAA- and PCI-compliant tool is easy to deploy and requires minimal IT resources.
- Our Supplier Payment Solution complements your existing banking relationships and accounts payable systems with a turnkey, web-based application that maximizes early pay incentives and float opportunities by converting supplier payments from paper checks to efficient electronic transactions.
The Wells Fargo advantage
Our team of professionals has deep experience in and knowledge of the healthcare industry. When you work with us, you get expert guidance backed by the time-tested strength and stability of Wells Fargo.