If you suspect your company is the victim of fraud or attempted fraud, act fast:
- Immediately notify Wells Fargo. We’ll help you assess the situation and take appropriate action, which may include placing holds and flags on your accounts to help detect future fraud attempts.
- Online Fraud Hotline: 1-866-867-5568
- Bogus emails or websites: email@example.com
- Close the account or disable user credentials on the account where the fraud occurred and for those users whose credentials have been compromised.
- Identify gaps in your internal controls, and address them immediately.
For more information on fraud, contact your Wells Fargo representative or contact us.
Regulation E - This Regulation outlines the rules and procedures for electronic funds transfers (EFTs) for consumers. Please note: The protections and deadlines included in Regulation E do not apply to business accounts. It only establishes rights, liabilities, and responsibilities for consumers transacting business on consumer accounts.
Tip: Make sure to review your accounts regularly and frequently to minimize the risk of fraud.