The MBA Leaders Forum
November 13-14, 2014
All MBA students who are graduating in December 2015 or May/June 2016, inclusive of high-achieving, ethnically diverse, female, protected veterans, and/or LGBT first-year MBA students who are graduating in either December 2015 or May/June 2016 will be invited to participate.
- Panel discussions with associates, managers, and senior leaders
- Professional development workshops
- Seminars on commercial credit, lending, and banking
- Networking opportunities
- Interviews for positions in the MBA Summer Intern Program
Charlotte, NC. All travel expenses are paid for by Wells Fargo.
November 13-14, 2014
This program is designed to recognize people with unique experiences and diverse backgrounds. Wells Fargo has a commitment to diversity and inclusion. We value the creativity and innovation that come from multiple perspectives and allow us to respond quickly and effectively to customer needs.
During the MBA Leaders Forum, you will have the unique opportunity to interview with hiring managers for summer internship positions in the MBA Summer Intern Program before our spring 2015 recruiting season begins.
Summer Intern Program
Designed for MBA students graduating in December 2015 or May/June 2016, this paid 10-week program begins with intensive training and orientation in San Francisco, followed by placement in a regional commercial banking office where interns gain exposure to sales, credit, operations, and business strategies.
Wells Fargo is seeking qualified interns to work with our regional commercial banking teams. Interns will begin this paid 10-week program with a formal week-long orientation and training session in San Francisco that includes:
- Introduction to Wells Fargo's history, philosophy, products and services, and credit culture
- Presentations by senior managers
- Speaker series and networking sessions
Interns are then matched with senior and junior mentors, and assigned to a regional commercial banking office based on candidate interest and business need. Interns will work alongside team members who are experts in their field, and have the opportunity to gain:
- Professional commercial banking experience
- Analytical sales and credit training
- Understanding of our commercial banking operations, business strategies, and culture
- Opportunities to meet senior executives and network with other interns across business lines
Based on outstanding performance, summer interns can receive full-time offers to join the MBA Relationship Manager training program or other positions based on career interest and business objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated excellence in working independently and as part of a team
- A strong self-starter with attention to detail and creative mindset
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment
- Commitment to building a career in the financial services industry
- Full-time MBA student between their first and second year of their graduate studies
- Coursework in financial accounting and corporate finance
- Experience with financial statements, projections, and financial modeling
- Professional experience through internships, part-time or full-time work, and/or extracurricular activities
Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions, and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
How to apply
Please check back on August 1, 2014, for application instructions. Thank you for your interest!
Please check back on September 1, 2014, for our on-campus activities and dates.
At Wells Fargo, every team member has the opportunity to excel. We give you all the tools you need to quickly gain responsibility, acquire new knowledge, and advance your career. Read this Wells Fargo Today (PDF*) fact sheet for an overview of our company.
Click the links below to learn more about:
- Wells Fargo Commercial Banking
- Vision and values
- Commitment to community
- Diversity and accessibility
- Improving the environment
- Equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
About Commercial Banking
Commercial Banking is part of Wells Fargo's Wholesale Banking division, which serves mid-sized companies, large corporations, other financial institutions, and government and not-for-profit entities.
Commercial Banking has more than 120 Regional Commercial Banking offices in the U.S. and Canada. Commercial Banking team members provide a broad spectrum of financing and other financial services to mid-sized companies with annual revenues between $20 million and $500 million. These companies come from virtually every industry, including manufacturing, retail, distribution, importing, service companies, governments, private firms, nonprofit organizations, and more.
Commercial Banking also offers expertise and specialized products and services to clients in the beverage, food and agribusiness, environmental, and technology and venture banking industries.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company, headquartered in San Francisco, is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the Internet (wellsfargo.com) across North America and internationally. One in three households in America does business with Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo has $1.4 trillion in assets and 273,000 team members in more than 35 countries across our 80+ businesses.
Wells Fargo was named one of the World’s 50 Most Respected Companies and the top-ranked financial services company by Barron's magazine in 2012. Diversity is an integral part of Wells Fargo's success. For more than 160 years, we have been a diversity leader, and the accolades we have received are as diverse as our team members.
* You need Adobe® Reader® to read PDF files. Download Adobe Reader for free.