Our capital raising capabilities for issuer clients are provided by a team of more than 160 public finance investment banking professionals in 18 U.S. cities. Our interest rate risk management solutions are offered by a team of derivatives specialists with locations in Charlotte, New York, and San Francisco.1
Our investment banking teams cover specific geographic and industry specific regions and many specialize in a particular industry, including:
- Public power
- Education and nonprofit
- Transportation and infrastructure
Our financial services include:
- Fixed and variable rate bonds
- Short-term notes
- Commercial paper
- Private placements
- Novation strategies
- Interest rate swaps
- Total return swaps
- Municipal market data and treasury rate locks
- Forward hedging
Municipal bond underwriting and remarketing
- Comprehensive underwriting capabilities in the municipal tax-exempt and taxable negotiated and competitive landscape
- Top 5 remarketing agent2
- National municipal trading averaging $5 billion per month in institutional volume
- Active market maker and liquidity provider for tax-exempt and taxable municipals
- Institutional sales – Specialists focused on selling municipal products to top-tier institutional municipal buyers nationwide
- Middle-market sales – Access to more than 175 generalist sales people for distribution of municipals to mid-sized institutions
- Retail – Access to more than 15,000 full-service financial advisors for distribution to retail investors
For more information on public finance, contact us.
For in-depth analysis and research specific to the municipal industry, access the Wells Fargo Research & Economics portal.
1 Unless otherwise expressly agreed, swaps are offered by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., a swap dealer registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (“CFTC”) and member of the National Futures Association (“NFA”).
2 Thomson Reuters Municipal Market Data as of July 1, 2013. Represents combined totals for Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, member NYSE, FINRA, NFA, and SIPC, and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., subsidiaries of Wells Fargo & Company, which use the trade name Wells Fargo Securities for their capital markets and investment banking services
3 Wells Fargo Securities engages in distribution of municipal securities to institutional investors through Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. (“WFBNA”) and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC (“WFSLLC”). Distribution to middle market clients is provided through WFSLLC and Wells Fargo Institutional Securities, LLC (“WFIS”). Retail distribution is provided by Wells Fargo Advisors, which is the trade name used by Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC (“WFA”) and Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network, LLC (“WFAFN”), two non-bank separate registered broker-dealers (members FINRA and SIPC). WFSLLC, WFIS, WFBNA, WFA, and WFAFN are affiliates and are each wholly owned subsidiaries of Wells Fargo & Co.
4 Thomson Reuters. Represents municipal new issues underwritten for 1/1/2013-6/30/2013 by Wells Fargo Securities, which is the trade name for certain securities related capital markets and investment banking services of Wells Fargo & Company and its subsidiaries, including Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, member NYSE, FINRA, NFA and SIPC, and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Full credit to Bookrunner (equal if joint).