Award-winning collateral trust services
We understand the challenges and costs associated with posting collateral. That's why we offer simple and comprehensive alternatives to letters of credit (LOCs) for your insurance and surety-related collateral requirements. It's also why our Corporate Trust Services' Collateral Trust team has been named the "Global Best Bank for Insurance Trusts" for three consecutive years in an annual survey of thousands of insurance and reinsurance executives worldwide.
The trust advantage
Our trust products provide immediate advantages for your business:
- The trust is usually significantly less expensive than an LOC
- The income from the trust is the property of the depositor
- The assets in the trust generally remain on the books of the depositor
- The trust is a widely accepted form of collateral in the insurance, captive, reinsurance, corporate deductible, and ILS industries
- The draw-down characteristics are similar to those of an LOC
- Unlike the LOC, the trust does not need to be renewed each year, eliminating the time and effort needed for the LOC renewal process
- The trust can often replace multiple LOCs posted to the same carrier
Resources that support your business
Find the information you need to make effective business decisions. We offer authoritative articles, and other Collateral Trust resources. Our trust professionals are industry experts who can work with you to address your insurance and surety-related collateral needs.
Michael Ramsey, Vice President, Wells Fargo Collateral Trust
Mike has more than 15 years of experience in insurance, financial services sales, and management. He has established hundreds of trusts worth billions of dollars. Mike is a frequent speaker at industry events, and has delivered numerous educational seminars to thousands of insurance brokers, captive managers, risk managers, corporate treasury personnel, law firms, and consultants worldwide. Contact Michael at 425-337-0364 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wells Fargo Corporate Trust Services does not provide legal or tax accounting services for its customers. Customers should always consult their own professional tax and legal advisors in connection with any effort to qualify a particular transaction for favorable treatment under applicable tax laws and regulations.