The Teen Checking account gives teens the freedom to use their own debit card to make purchases at participating retailers and service providers – including online or by phone. Parents have the ability to set daily limits on debit card purchases and withdrawals from ATMs.
This account is available to teens ages 13 to 17 (18 in AL) with an adult co-owner.
There is no monthly service fee with online-only statements or $3 with paper statements.
Common checking account fees
Learn about the common account fees for Wells Fargo Teen Checking. View Account Fees (PDF)
Benefits for teens:
- Open a Wells Fargo savings account to start saving for college or a car.
- Manage your accounts with 24/7 online access.
- Get account alerts via text message, email, or online.
- Develop budgeting skills with free money management tools like My Spending Report with Budget Watch.
- Check balances and account activity from your cell phone with Wells Fargo Mobile® Banking.
- Get helpful tips and guidance on how to manage your checking account with our checking account quick start guide.
Benefits for parents:
- Online access and account alerts let parents review their teen's account activity anytime.
- Online transfers allow parents to easily move money from their account to their teen's account.
- Optional Overdraft Protection from a Wells Fargo savings account can help protect against unexpected overdrafts and returned items.
Subject to applicable transfer or advance fees.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.