The Teen Checking account gives teens the freedom to use their own debit card to make purchases at participating retailers and service providers – including online or by phone. Parents have the ability to set daily limits on debit card purchases and withdrawals from ATMs.
This account is available to teens ages 13 to 17 (18 in AL) with an adult co-owner.
There is no monthly service fee with online-only statements or $3 with paper statements.
Common checking account fees
Learn about the common account fees for Wells Fargo Teen Checking. View Account Fees (PDF)
Benefits for teens:
- Open a Wells Fargo savings account to start saving for college or a car.
- Manage your accounts with 24/7 Wells Fargo Online® access.
- Get account alerts via text message, email, or online.
- Develop budgeting skills with free money management tools like My Spending Report with Budget Watch.
- Check balances and account activity from your cell phone with Wells Fargo Mobile®.
- Get helpful tips and guidance on how to manage your checking account with our checking account quick start guide.
Benefits for parents:
- Wells Fargo Online access and account alerts let parents review their teen's account activity anytime.
- Online transfers allow parents to easily move money from their account to their teen's account.
- Optional Overdraft Protection from a Wells Fargo savings account can help protect against unexpected overdrafts and returned items.
Regulation D and Wells Fargo limit certain types of withdrawals and transfers that can be made from your savings account to a combined total of six (6) per monthly fee period. If the limit is exceeded, an excess activity fee for each withdrawal or transfer over the limit will be assessed. If the limit is exceeded on more than an occasional basis, your savings account could be converted to a checking account or closed.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.