There are three very important things to consider when ordering a Verification of Deposit (VOD).
- You must provide complete account numbers. If you have an account number ending in ‘xxx’ (e.g. 123-4567XXX) it will not be processed; you must provide the final digits. Please ask the customer to confirm the complete account number.
- An invalid or incomplete account number will generate an error notice, so please check the account numbers with the customer for accuracy.
- Unless you include a signed and dated authorization from the account owner, your request will be returned to you. If you are unsure what this entails, please see the samples below.
Sample HUD Authorization
Sample Fannie Mae Authorization
- For faster processing, please complete the form on your computer before printing.
- Forms must be legible — illegible forms will be returned.
- Do not use a highlighter. Highlighted areas turn black on our faxed copy. If the highlighted areas include account numbers or authorizations, we cannot assume these are accurate; your request will be returned with an error notice.
- It is not necessary to send a fax cover sheet when using our form.
- All requests will be returned by fax. Our automated servers will attempt to fax the VOD to the return number listed on your request. If it is unable to fax out successfully, we will print your VOD to be sent by mail. Expect delays in receiving printed VODs. To avoid such delays, please include an accurate and legible fax number on your request.