How do I apply?
There are several ways to apply
- Call 1-866-631-7443
- Apply in person
What you’ll need to apply
- Business name
- Business address (no P.O. Box)
- Business phone number
- Business fax number
- Tax Identification Number/SSN
- Date your business was established
- Ownership type
- Number of owners
- Annual revenue
- Business banking balances
Business owner information
- Home address
- Home phone number
- Social Security Number(s)
- Annual household income
- Primary contact (must be an owner of the business)
- Primary contact phone number and email address
Current loan information
- Original loan amount
- Current loan balance
- Current monthly payment
- Address of collateral property
- Property type
- Current market value of property
Along with the information listed above, you will also need to submit additional documents required for a credit decision.
- Business federal tax return for most recent year
- Business federal tax return for prior year, or prior fiscal year-end
- Personal federal tax return for most recent year
- Personal federal tax return for prior year
- Schedule K-1
- Personal Financial Statement
- Environmental Questionnaire
- Property Characteristics form (PDF)
- Operating licenses and permits for these special purpose properties: assisted living, parking garage, self-storage, and gas stations
For investor loans (collateral property <51% owner-occupied), the following three items are required for collateral investment property:
- Rent roll (PDF) (must be current)
- Lease agreements (must be current and include signature page)
- Property Operating Statement (PDF)
For purchase loans
Standard escrow is 60 calendar days from the date of completed application package and executed purchase contract. A fast track process is available—talk to a Business Banker about the requirements
For a guide and checklist to help you understand the mortgage loan process and the documents required, review What to expect during the loan process (PDF)
Which property types are eligible for financing?
Most commercial property types valued up to $3,000,000 are eligible. The most common property types are retail, light industrial, office, warehouse, and some special-purpose properties.
Vacant land, agricultural, and certain environmentally hazardous property types are not eligible.
Which property types are not eligible for financing?
Property types not eligible for financing include:
- 1-4 unit dwellings
- Non-profit owned
- Dry-cleaning plants
- Time-share properties
- Mobile home or RV parks
- Auto wrecking or auto salvage yards
- Hospitality (hotels, motels, B&B)
- Bowling alleys
- Vacant buildings
- Gas stations more than 10 years old
- Heavy industrial
- Vacant or undeveloped land
- New construction
- Properties listed for sale
- Properties outside the US
- Properties on more than 40 acres
- Chemical plants
Do I need to be a Wells Fargo customer to apply?
No, you do not need to be a Wells Fargo customer to apply.
What happens after I apply?
After you complete the application and submit the required financial documents, a lender will review and make an underwriting decision. If your application is conditionally approved, a Wells Fargo Business Real Estate Specialist will contact you to discuss the best financing options for you and help guide you through the loan process. If your application is not approved, you will be sent a letter within 10 to 15 business days with an explanation.
Is property insurance required?
As a part of the application process, we will verify that you have standard property insurance. If certain environmental hazards are present or if the property is located in a flood zone, environmental or flood insurance may be required to obtain credit.
Are there application or appraisal fees?
There are no application or appraisal fees, just a one-time origination fee of 1% of the total loan/line amount due at the time of closing. For purchase loans, you shall be responsible for title and escrow fees and provide the required down payment. In states that require attorney closings, you will be responsible for title-related costs and attorney title work that exceeds $375. You may be responsible for any mortgage transfer/filing fees, in the rare case that such fees are applicable. If levied by state or local jurisdiction, you will be responsible for any taxes due upon the filing or recording of the mortgage/deed of trust.
Is there an annual fee?
There is no annual fee for loans. The Wells Fargo Commercial Equity Line of Credit has an annual fee equal to one quarter of one percent (0.25%) of the line, and is subject to a $250 minimum and $1,000 maximum. This annual fee is waived in the first year and only assessed during the 60-month draw period.
How is my interest rate determined?
Your interest rate will be determined as a part of our approval process and will be based on several factors, including your personal credit history, the loan/line amount, term selected, property type, and lien position.
- Interest rate on loans can be either fixed or Prime-based.
- Interest rate on lines of credit will be variable and tied to the Wells Fargo Prime Rate.
What is the definition of Prime Rate?
In general, most of Wells Fargo's lines of credit use the Wells Fargo Prime Rate as a base rate. The Wells Fargo Prime Rate is similar to (but not always the same as) the Prime Rate quoted in the Money Rates column of The Wall Street Journal.
How can I use my loan or line of credit?
When it comes to using your loan or line of credit, you have options:
- Use your Refinance Loan to pay off an existing mortgage on commercial property with cash-out opportunities.
- Use your Purchase Loan to purchase commercial property (owner-occupied or investment).
- Use your Equity Loan to borrow against the equity in your commercial property to finance repairs or renovations, expand your operations, purchase inventory, update large equipment or handle other business needs.
- Use your Commercial Equity Line of Credit to borrow against the equity in your commercial property to meet both short and long-term business needs and to take advantage of unexpected business opportunities. Many property owners use the line of credit for items such as working capital, inventory purchases, debt consolidation, business improvements, and large equipment upgrades.
How do I draw funds from my line of credit?
You can access your Wells Fargo Commercial Equity Line of Credit through:
- Telephone transfers to your Wells Fargo Business Demand Deposit Account (BDDA)
- Tranfers to your Wells Fargo BDDA via Wells Fargo Business Online® banking.
- Wire transfer, an initial setup is required in person with a banker, after the initial setup wire tranfers can be completed via telephone.
Account maintenance and security
Where do I send my monthly payments?
Please send your payment to the address noted on your account statement. You can also pay your bill with our free Automatic Payment service. If you have any questions, or would like to make a payment over the phone, please call our National Business Banking Center at 1-800-225-5935, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How do I set up automatic payments to my account?
Automatic payments can be set up when you sign the final loan documents, or at a later time by calling us at 1-800-225-5935.
When your Business Real Estate Financing account is set up with automatic payment, you can have your monthly bill paid automatically from any business checking account every month. With this service:
- There are no checks to write, stamps to buy, or late fees to pay
- You can establish or maintain a good credit rating by paying your Wells Fargo line of credit or loan on time, every time
- Your bill payment will never be lost in the mail and you’ll know when your payment will clear
How it works
- Choose from 3 monthly payment options: Make the minimum payment, pay a set amount of your choosing, or pay your balance in full
- Your payment will be deducted from any business checking account at any financial institution
- Receive a confirmation message on your line of credit or loan statement with the amount to be paid and the date the payment will be deducted