Do I need a Wells Fargo account to get a business credit card?
We accept in person, online, and phone applications for business credit cards from existing Wells Fargo customers. If you do not have an existing personal or business relationship with Wells Fargo, please visit a location near you, where a banker can assist you with your business credit card application.
How do I apply for a business credit card and what information will I need?
What you’ll need to apply
Gather the following information about yourself, your business, business owners, and prospective cardholders:
- Business name
- Business address (no P.O. Box)
- Business phone number
- Business fax number
- Tax Identification number
- Type of industry
- Date your business was established
- Annual revenue
- Business checking and savings account numbers and balances
Business owner information
- Home address
- Home phone number
- Social Security number(s)
- Annual household income
- Personal checking and savings account numbers and balances
- Name (as it should appear on the card)
There are a few ways to apply for a business credit card:
Can I apply for multiple employee cards at the same time?
Yes. If you already have a Wells Fargo business credit card, you can add cards by contacting your business banker or customer service.
For Business Platinum and Secured Card call 1-800-225-5935. For Business Elite Card call 1-800-231-5511.
I currently have a Wells Fargo Business Platinum credit card. Can I apply for a Business Elite Card?
You can only have one business credit card product from Wells Fargo. If you already have a Business Platinum Credit Card and would like to consider the Business Elite Card, contact your business banker or visit a Wells Fargo store.
After I apply, when will I receive my card?
You will receive your new card(s) about 7 to 10 business days after your application has been approved and processed. If you requested additional cards on your application, they will be mailed at the same time, but in separate envelopes.
For Business Elite, can I set spending limits on my employee cards?
You can assign controls when you apply for a Business Elite Card, or call our Business Elite Card customer service team at 1-800-231-5511.
Using your account
How do I request a credit line increase?
You may request a credit line increase by contacting your business banker or calling:
- Business Platinum and Secured Card: 1-800-225-5935
- Business Elite Card: 1-800-231-5511
How do I add a cardholder to my account?
Your Business Banker can add a cardholder to your account, or call:
- Business Platinum and Secured Card: 1-800-231-9244
- For Business Elite Card: 1-800-231-5511
What are my payment options?
You may pay your CURRENT PAYMENT DUE to extend your payments over time or pay the full balance.
For Elite Card customers, the CURRENT PAYMENT DUE will be the greater of 5% of the balance or $500. If the balance is less than $500, the CURRENT PAYMENT DUE will equal the balance. For companies with credit lines over $100,000, the monthly balance must be paid in full.
Where do I send monthly payments?
Send your payment to the one of the following addresses:
For Business Platinum and Secured Card:
Wells Fargo Payment Remittance Center
PO Box 6426
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6426
For Business Elite Card:
Wells Fargo Business Payment Processing
PO Box 6415
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6415
Are there other ways I can make payments?
Here are additional options for making payments:
- Make a transfer through Wells Fargo Business Online® from a Wells Fargo account or using Business Bill Pay (see Can I use my Wells Fargo business credit card to pay my bills payments FAQ).
- With our free Automatic Payment service (see How do I set up automatic or manual payments FAQ).
- By calling us. Business Platinum and Secured Card members call 1-800-225-5935. Business Elite Card members call 1-800-231-5511.
Can I use my Wells Fargo business credit card for overdraft protection?
Yes. You can link your Wells Fargo business credit card to your Wells Fargo business checking account to cover insufficient funds in your checking account, up to your available credit limit. Signing up for overdraft protection is free.
When you add overdraft protection to your business card you'll get:
- Financial control. Protect your credit rating. You can always pay your bills on time knowing that overdraft protection covers your checks until your deposits clear.
- Flexibility. Write checks or get cash in emergency situations, even if your business checking account is low.
- Savings. You’ll pay for overdraft protection only when you use it.
How do I sign up for overdraft protection?
To sign up for overdraft protection, sign on to your business account through Wells Fargo Business Online. Select the Account Services link at the top right of the page, then select Credit Card Service Center. You may also enroll by calling 1-800-359-3557 ext. 419.
Unsure of how to sign on to your business account? You may need to enroll in Wells Fargo Business Online.
Overdraft protection fees
- Up to $50 is a $12.50 fee
- $50.01 or more is a $20.00 fee
Can I use my Wells Fargo business credit card to pay my bills?
Yes. Using your business credit card makes bill paying easier and more secure. Your payment won't get lost or stolen in the mail. It's fast, safe, and free. With our business credit card grace period, you can also optimize your cash flow to better manage your business.
Benefits also include:
- Save time and stamps. Mail fewer checks and deal with fewer invoices.
- Track payments. Track monthly bill payments with the Business Spending Report.
- Earn rewards. You earn rewards on every bill you pay with your business credit card.
Simply call your service provider with your credit card number, expiration date, and requested payment date.
How do I set up automatic bill payments for my merchants?
Have your business credit card handy and follow these steps:
- Contact the merchants that send you bills and ask to set up automatic payments with your Wells Fargo Business Credit Card — or visit their websites.
- Provide them with your business credit card number.
How can I pay my business credit card automatically?
With our Automatic Payment service, have your credit card bill payments made automatically from your business checking account to your business credit card every month — it’s easy and free.
Choose from 2 monthly payment options
- Pay the current payment due.
- Pay your balance in full. For accounts with credit limits over $100,000, the monthly balance must be paid in full.
Managing your payments
- Wells Fargo will deduct the payment from a business checking account at any financial institution.
- You'll get a message on your credit card statement alerting you to the amount and the date the payment will be deducted. So unlike paying with checks, you’ll know exactly when your automatic payment will clear.
To sign up for Automatic Payment, sign on to your Business account through Wells Fargo Business Online. Select the Account Services link at the top right of the page, then select Add Credit Card Features. You may also enroll by calling 1-800-225-5935 for Business Platinum and Secured Card or 1-800-231-5511 for Business Elite Card.
Unsure of how to sign on to your business account? You may need to enroll in Wells Fargo Business Online.
Do you offer consolidated billing?
You can set up your account with consolidated cardholder billing or individual billing. For Business Platinum Card call 1-800-225-5935. For Business Elite Card customer service call 1-800-231-5511.
How do alerts work?
With business credit card alerts, it's easy to stay informed. You decide which alert you’d like to receive, and we'll send the alert(s) to your email, mobile device, or Messages & Alerts inbox in your Wells Fargo Business Online® banking session.
- Choose the alert and the frequency
- Add new alerts or change your preferences anytime
- Credit card alerts are free
What are my alert options?
Based on your preferences, we can send you alerts when:
- The number of purchases made in a single day exceeds a limit or dollar amount that you choose
- A payment has posted to your account
- Your credit card payment is due
- Your available credit drops below a certain amount
- Unusual or suspicious activity is detected
How do I sign up?
To get started you'll need to be enrolled in Wells Fargo Business Online®
- A valid email address
- A business credit card
To sign up
- Sign on to Messages and Alerts
- Select the Set up/Modify link next to the card number you'd like to set the alert for
- Check the boxes and delivery points next to the alerts you'd like to receive
- Select Save at the bottom of the page to save your selections
Getting a chip card
Will my account number change?
No, your account number will remain the same.
Can my PIN be changed?
Yes. Contact the customer service number on the back of your card to customize your PIN.
Will my expiration date change?
Yes. Make sure to update the expiration date on your recurring payments with vendors or suppliers.
How do I transact with U.S. merchants who are not chip-enabled?
Your chip card will still have a magnetic stripe on the back, so you can still swipe your card at merchants with magnetic stripe terminals.
About Business Secured Credit Card
How is the Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card different from other business credit cards?
The Business Secured card works like any other business credit card, but the credit line is secured by a collateral account. The amount of money you deposit in the collateral account ($500 to $25,000) equals the amount of your credit line. The Wells Fargo Business Secured Card is a convenient way to pay for business purchases, whether you’re shopping for office supplies or booking travel.
What is a collateral deposit?
A collateral deposit is funded by you to secure your Business Secured Credit Card account.
Will my collateral deposit earn interest?
Funds provided for the collateral deposit will not earn interest.
Does the Business Secured Card earn rewards?
You may choose to enroll in the optional Wells Fargo Business Card Rewards® program when you open a new Business Secured Card account. There is no annual program fee.
There is no limit to the points or cash rewards you can earn. Choose one of the following:
- Rewards points. One point for every dollar you or your employees spend with your Wells Fargo Business Secured Cards
- Cash back only. 1.5% cash rewards credited automatically every quarter.
Questions? Visit Business Card Rewards Frequently Asked Questions.
Security and fraud
What happens if one of my employees or I lose a business credit card?
If your business card is lost, stolen, or if you notice unauthorized use on your account, you can request a replacement card:
- Our mobile app. Select Replace My Card on the main menu.
- Online. Visit wellsfargo.com/replacemycard.
- Phone. For Business Platinum and Business Secured Card, call 1-800-225-5935 and for Business Elite Card call1-800-231-5511 — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
What is the Prime Rate?
Prime refers to the rate that Wells Fargo announces from time to time as its Prime Rate. The Wells Fargo Prime Rate is subject to change at any time. The overall rate assigned is variable and is expressed as Prime plus a spread. Rates are subject to change after booking.