- Intuit, the maker of QuickBooks, can also provide you with help with non-banking issues with your software. Get Intuit support by visiting http://www.quickbooks.com/support.
- You may also access help from within your software:
- Choose Help from the QuickBooks menu bar.
- Scroll through the index for your topic or search by entering words and phrases.
- Call QuickBooks Telephone Support at 1-888-320-7276, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 9:00 pm Eastern Time.
However, if you receive the warning after repeated tries, or over an extended period, there may be a problem with your network configuration.
Make sure that your internet access is functioning properly outside of QuickBooks, and that the Internet Connection Setup is configured correctly in QuickBooks. (The internet Connection Setup is found on the QuickBooks Help menu.)
Additionally, if you use firewall software, make sure it is configured to allow QuickBooks access to the internet.
Due to the complexity and variation in network configurations, internet service providers, and firewall software, we are unable to provide support for any of these setups. If you need further assistance, please check with:
- Your system or network administrator (if you have one), or the person who set up your network.
- Your internet service provider (ISP).
- The vendor from whom you bought the firewall software, or the manufacturer’s website.
- A local computer consultant.
When online services are activated for an account, you cannot change the account number because it is part of the information required for QuickBooks to connect to the correct account at your financial institution.
To change your account number, you must first remove online services from the account, then set up the account again for online services, and enter the new account number. Back to Top
If you are getting this error message:
- A QuickBooks online account is not set up properly or was changed.
- Your QuickBooks software may have an inactive account enabled for online access.
- You may be connecting with an account that is enabled for online access in QuickBooks but the account is not enabled on our server.
To verify your account information:
- From the QuickBooks Lists menu, choose Chart of Accounts.
- In the Chart of Accounts window, select the name of the account you are using when you receive the error message.
- Click the Account button at the bottom of the list, and then choose Edit.
- In the Edit Account window, click the Online Services tab. Make sure the number in the Customer ID field matches the username you selected when you enrolled in QuickBooks.
- Check your account number and make sure it has no dashes or spaces.
- Check your routing number. Look up your routing number online.
Verify that the account number is incorrect. When online services are activated for an account, you cannot change the account number because it is part of the information required for QuickBooks to connect to the correct account at your financial institution.
To change your account number, you must first remove online services from the account, then set up the account again for online services, and enter the new account number.
Attempt your download again. If the problem persists, please call us at 1-800-956-4442. We are available 5:00 am to 9:00 pm Pacific Time, Sunday through Saturday.