SAN FRANCISCO - December 8, 2010
Today Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) introduces ATM Cash Tracker, a tool to help customers manage their finances. This new feature enables customers to set a target amount and track their monthly Wells Fargo ATM withdrawals. Wells Fargo is the first and only bank to offer this service to its customers.
“Budgeting and money management are top of mind for customers today. We wanted to create a tool that would help our customers by tracking their ATM withdrawals for better budgeting,” said Alicia Moore, head of Wells Fargo ATM Banking. “Wells Fargo is committed to helping our customers succeed financially and we’re excited to offer this newest personal financial management tool.”
ATM Cash Tracker allows customers to set a monthly withdrawal target and provides detail about how much the customer withdrew the prior month and their average over the past 12 months. Once established, an ATM Cash Tracker button will automatically appear on the customers’ personalized Main Menu screen to help visually track progress.
Customers can set and update ATM Cash Tracker by selecting the “More Choices” button on the Main Menu and then selecting the “Set ATM Cash Tracker” button. ATM Cash Tracker covers cash withdrawals at Wells Fargo ATMs only, and is available only to Wells Fargo customers. The service will become available to Wachovia customers once their state converts to Wells Fargo. The conversion of Wachovia locations to Wells Fargo is planned to take place through 2011.
All of Wells Fargo’s more than 12,000 You Know Me ATMs remember customers’ most used transactions, for faster, more convenient banking; and:
- offer email receipts to Wells Fargo Online customers;
- provide eight language screen options (English, Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, Hmong, Korean, Vietnamese);
- allow voice instructions for the visually impaired in English and Spanish;
- sell U.S. postage stamps (where available);
- deliver targeted messages to inform our customers of new products and services that can help them become more financially successful; and
- provide the highest level of transaction security.
Wells Fargo offers customers many other financial management tools and services, including:
- My Spending Report with Budget Watch: A patented, free online money management tool that categorizes transactions and enables customers to track their spending by category, so they can find ways to spend less. It helps customers create a budget and monitor their progress throughout the month – delivering the information customers need to stay on budget and gain more control of their finances.
- My Savings Plan®: A free online tool that provides Wells Fargo savings account customers an easy way to save toward a goal and automatically monitor progress.
- Smarter CreditTM center: An online resource that provides information and services to help customers be smarter about credit – whether it’s establishing credit for the first time, reducing debt, getting more credit, or managing and protecting credit for the long term. The newly launched educational video series feature Wells Fargo team members providing information ranging from how credits works to what lenders look for when reviewing credit applications.
- Hands on Banking®: A fun, free, non-commercial online financial education program, Hands on Banking and its Spanish version, El futuro en tus manos is available at/handsonbanking.org. This program is designed for all ages to learn about the basics of responsible money management including how to save, budget, establish credit, borrow responsibly, invest, and start your own small business.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.2 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores, 12,000 ATMs, the Internet (wellsfargo.com and wachovia.com), and other distribution channels across North America and internationally. With more than 278,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in America. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked #19 on Fortune’s 2009 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy all our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially.