SAN FRANCISCO - June 7, 2010
Whether you’re headed to Salt Lake City or Sydney this summer, Wells Fargo banking services can help you stay on top of your finances. Just in time for the summer travel season, Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC) today offered a reminder of the key services that can help travelers stay on top of their money.
"Wells Fargo offers many money management services to provide customers with flexibility and peace of mind while they're traveling,” said Secil Watson, senior vice president, Online Customer Experience Management, Money Movement Solutions and Retail Mobile Banking at Wells Fargo. "We know our customers want to keep track of their finances, and online and mobile banking keep customers connected to their accounts, anywhere, anytime.”
Wells Fargo Online Banking Services
Before you go, Wells Fargo’s secure online services can help you:
- Exchange money before traveling abroad to have local currency on hand for taxis, tips, and meals. Wells Fargo's International Travel and Money Exchange informs travelers about another country's currency, commonly accepted methods of payment, ATM availability, and currency conversion. In order to save time and avoid hassles, Wells Fargo's online currency service provides customers with the ability to order cash either online (wellsfargo.com/foreignexchange) or by phone (800-626-9430). Upon their return to the United States, travelers can exchange leftover paper currency at any Wells Fargo banking store.
- Store backup copies of important documents such as passports, personal records, and travel itineraries. Wells Fargo vSafe® service helps travelers deal with potentially challenging travel situations by offering secure online storage of important personal documents, available from any computer with internet access.
- Avoid missed or late payments with Bill Pay while traveling. Before leaving town, automatic bill payments can be scheduled quickly and easily through the online bill pay service. If a customer forgets to schedule a bill payment prior to a trip, the customer can transfer money from one account to another and pay the bill with just a few clicks by logging onto the internet from many places in the world. To keep on top of finances if traveling for a long period of time, customers can also receive electronic bills (eBills) through the bill pay service.
- Stay on top of account information with Account Alerts sent right to a customer's email address or mobile device. Depending on what information customers want to track, they can choose alerts for low balances, when a credit card payment is due or a deposit is made.
Wells Fargo Mobile Banking Services
While traveling domestically, customers can manage day-to-day finances with mobile banking. Wells Fargo offers three easy ways to bank on the go including a mobile web site (WF.com), downloadable mobile applications, and text banking to short-code 93557 (which spells "Wells" on traditional telephone keypads).
- Use mobile to pay bills while traveling & find the nearest ATM when you need cash. Customers can quickly and conveniently get a snapshot of their bank account details, pay bills on a mobile device at any time of day. While traveling by bus or train, or transfer money to a cash-strapped travel partner. For those "on the go" customers who use a smartphone, just “one-tap” on the mobile banking application can activate the location sensitive ATM search capability and quickly find the nearest Wells Fargo or Wachovia ATM. Mobile banking also allows customers to stay on top of their account information, and check for unusual activity.
- Review account details by using text banking and sending a text (or SMS) message to 93557. Text Banking is a fast way to keep tabs on your money. It allows customers to securely check their accounts without having to access a mobile website and enter a username and password. Just send a simple text code, "BAL ALL," to view account information for all of a customers' enrolled accounts. To find the nearest Wells Fargo or Wachovia ATM locations, the customer just sends a text with "ATM" along with the city and state or ZIP code to view locations near you (Ex. ATM 94109 or ATM San Francisco CA).
Debit and Credit Card Services
Wells Fargo offers an array of products and services for cardholders who are traveling domestically or internationally, including instant ATM cards, security monitoring, zero liability for promptly reported fraudulent transactions, toll free numbers, credit card replacement, emergency credit line increases and emergency cash.
- Wells Fargo can provide an instant replacement ATM card at Wells Fargo banking stores, if customers lose their ATM or Check Card but do not have time to receive a new one in the mail. If cards are lost, stolen or temporarily suspended, Wells Fargo can rush a replacement card to customers almost anywhere in the world. Customers can contact Wells Fargo toll free at 800-642-4720 domestically and collect at 925-825-7600 internationally.
- For those exceptional situations where customers find themselves in a financial bind while traveling, Wells Fargo can temporarily increase their line of credit on their credit card or arrange for emergency cash for debit and credit card customers.
- Whether you’re on the road or enjoying a "staycation," Wells Fargo has numerous ways to protect customers from fraud – including monitoring transactions for unusual activity. Customers are encouraged to notify Wells Fargo of travel plans beforehand to help ensure cards will not be temporarily suspended because of unusual patterns. Wells Fargo cardholders are protected by our built-in zero liability program. The program provides zero liability if a card is ever used without the customer’s permission when promptly reported.
- Wells Fargo Visa® consumer credit card customers have a new weapon in fighting fraud and managing their finances—Rapid Alerts, which can provide added peace of mind when on and off the road. The Rapid Alerts service sends a text message alert to a cardholder’s mobile phone when a credit card transaction meets trigger criteria set by the cardholder, such as transactions over a certain dollar amount or when a transaction is used for an Internet purchase. Customers can learn more and sign up for the service at rapidalerts.wellsfargo.com.
For those traveling domestically, with more than 12,000 ATMs across North America, customers’ summer travel probably puts them closer to a Wells Fargo or Wachovia ATM than they realize.
- Wells Fargo and Wachovia customers can use both Wells Fargo and Wachovia ATMs and can withdraw cash or make balance inquiries on their deposit accounts with no access fee.
- To find an ATM, customers can logon to wellsfargo.com/locator/ or call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
When you're traveling this summer, smart financial preparation and planning can mean the difference between an amazing adventure or an adventure in financial survival. By offering these anytime, anywhere products and services, Wells Fargo helps ease travel so customers can enjoy their trip from beginning to end.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company with $1.2 trillion in assets, providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 10,000 stores and 12,000 ATMs and the Internet (wellsfargo.com and wachovia.com) across North America and internationally.